300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deputy Stephen Douglas Sorensen

9 Years ago today, the LASD lost a fine deputy and a wonderful person. Deputy Steve Sorensen was assigned to the Palmdale Station as the Lake Los Angeles resident deputy when he was killed when he responded to a trespassing investigation.

Those of us who were fortunate to work with Steve at Altadena Station miss his smile and his presence daily. Rest in peace brother!

DeputySorensen.jpg
    Last edited by EMVAMPYRE; 08-02-2012, 04:05 PM.
    Carpe Noctem

I think his murder was the most brutal and cold blooded of any Deputy in the history of our dept...
    Retired LASD

Comment

RIP brother

Comment

Originally posted by EMVAMPYRE View Post
        Those of us who were fortunate to work with Steve at Altadena Station miss his smile and his presence daily. Rest in peace brother!
        I am sorry for the loss of your friend and co-worker. Find comfort knowing that he is with Lord. RIP

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
          I think his murder was the most brutal and cold blooded of any Deputy in the history of our dept...
          I think you're right. About this time 9 years ago my partner and I were flying up there as fast as that radio car would go, hoping for a miracle...The saddest part of the whole thing, his wife,Christine, could see the area where it happened from the window of their house...
          Carpe Noctem

Comment

My Lt. when I worked Forgery/Fraud was the chief of detectives during this incident, and we live in the same city... It made me sick when he told me that the suspect tied Deputy Sorenson to his vehicle and drug him thru the desert after he shot him numerous times.. The one thing that surprised me which was never released to the public is that our dept. used military drones to provide surviellance at the crime scene during the standoff....
            Retired LASD

Comment

I met Steve when he worked at Altadena, he was a great guy. RIP

Comment

RIP Deputy Sorensen.
                Last edited by lakings10; 08-03-2012, 04:42 PM.

Comment

I am still wrapping my head around that this was 9 years ago.....doesnt seem that long
                  The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Yesterday was also Dep. Escalantes' LODD anny.....4 years

http://www.odmp.org/officer/19840-de...an-a-escalante
                    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Wow... that was 9 years ago?! I went to his funeral.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4880 users online. 357 members and 4523 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X