300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the LASD phych test like?

I'm starting to get nervous seeing all of the posts about people failing them.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s....0.p0xHhQADcIk
    Originally posted by SSD
    It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Well, let's see.....if I remember correctly, they ask you to answer a couple of hundred questions on paper. After that you go see a department psychologist, who will talk to you. Afterward, you get your pass or fail results. Yeah, I think that covers it! See? There is nothing to be nervous about, unless you are trying to hide a serious flaw in your personality (like a proclivity toward buffoonery for example). So just go in, do your best, and drive on. Good luck in your test!
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Smurfette
      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
      Originally posted by DAL
      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Did they do away with the electro-shock?

I heard from a guy that they put him in a stress position while lashing him with a wet mop as a monocle wearing professor queried him about mother.
        Originally posted by SSD
        It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.

Comment

just don't tell anyone about dogs and peanut butter
          Originally Posted by Law100
          Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

Just be honest and don't answer based on what you think they want to hear. it has worked for me I somehow have managed to pass 6 times, 3 being with the nice lady that is doing the DQ's
            Last edited by WPD954; 06-08-2012, 04:31 PM.

Comment

http://www.policepsych.com

Comment

Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
                just don't tell anyone about dogs and peanut butter
                Our secret.
                Originally posted by SSD

Comment

I can't speak to every step LAPD runs you through, but go here http://lib.post.ca.gov/publications/...quirements.pdf and start reading at Section 9055, It outlines the California standard and should give you a general idea of what you are looking at.

Whatever you do, don't tell them about that one time with the sheep.
                  Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by kennyk12 View Post
                    I'm starting to get nervous seeing all of the posts about people failing them.
                    Not that I am well versed in the subject, but it seems to me that you should just take the test and let the cards fall where they may. You may screw yourself by trying to study for a test that is DESIGNED to tell the psychologist if you are trying to mess with the outcome.

Comment

It's a piece of cake.........Just don't twitch......

Here's a photo of what goes on in there

2KCAUOXCGFCA52MO9NCAWLV7HJCAKW6PZWCA7JU348CATJDWYKCA3ZP67ECA9CC7PCCAF9LUGUCAJBS17UCAF70KLXCA4167.jpg

Comment

WPD954.....RAY Ray!

Found this the other day.....

6387622.jpg

Comment

Actually the test is a crazy procedure. It may drive you nuts.
                          Retired

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3981 users online. 196 members and 3785 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X