Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallo everyone, anyone got called for the next academy date or orientation?

Comment

• Next academy date on July 26.

Comment

• Hi i have a questions today i took my written test today i failed but the deputy told me that i had scored high enough to be a CA and to call to have my scores transferd i applied right after the test fpr a CA how does this process work? Thanks.

Comment

• Martial_Law
          Martial_Law commented
          Editing a comment
          The process is similar to DST. You'll take a written, physical, have your background investigated, polygraph, etc. etc. The CA academy is shorter (I think 12 weeks-ish).

• smurray09
          smurray09 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Martial_Law,

I took my CA computerized exam (first batch of people to take the computerized exam) yesterday and they told me that the academy for CA is 8 weeks...

• Thank you for replying So i have to retake the written again even though i scored high enough for CA?

Comment

• No you call personnel and ask them to transfer your test score over to CA, but if you want to be a deputy wait the time limit it is to retake the test. The department will bite you in with you can always transfer to deputy, but it's the same process regardless if working as a CA or working to Home Depot. I've known several CA's that became deputies on my after being a CA for an average of 5 years tjen jumping through all the same hoops. Just a thought.
          I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

• I'm currently in the hiring process for CA for LASD and took my polygraph a week ago. My results according to polygrapher were inconclusive. I was told to notify my background investigator to reschedule and so I emailed him. Its been a little over a week and i havent heard back from anyone. Has anyone experienced something similar? Thank you.

Comment

• Martial_Law
              Martial_Law commented
              Editing a comment
              Stand by to stand by! It could take up to a month to get a new polygraph appointment.

• Hello all , I am currently in the process for so and ca position , I just finished my fingerprints as well as my first intake interview I was wondering what are the next steps ?

Comment

• Sit and wait
              Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
              USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
              "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
              Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Anybody in the hiring process? How's it going

Comment

• Hello, does anyone have information about when the next academy is?

Comment

• JCCruz
                    JCCruz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I believe the next CA academy is in April

• Thank you, Would you happen to know when someone would receive the call/ email for the April academy date?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11610 users online. 469 members and 11141 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X