300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LASD Custody Assistant

Does anyone have any info in regards to the Custody Assistant position? I put in my application back on 4/30/12 and I received a letter telling me that my test scores from the DST written and oral has transferred over.

My question is, does anyone here know when the next academy date for CA will be? Or have any update on this process?
    Pickle Suit

My guess awhile. I know they had an overage of CAs but since some have come out of pickle suite to tan and green the levels may have balanced out. Who knows its the county so stand by and wait and see.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Just got done with the oral interview this morning. There were alot of people being interviewed and more people were showing up as I was leaving. I'm scheduled to meet with a bi next month. We were told that there are around 50,000 applicants in the process and 15,000 have applied for the c/a position. Wow.

Comment

That is crazy. A fellow poster here who just started the CA academy about a month ago or so told me they had a hard time finding qualified CA's. His academy size was about 40-50 people. Since I already finished everything in the process through the DST process, I hope to have everything ready to go sometime soon.

Good luck Miguel!
        Pickle Suit

Comment

Yea I bet alot of applicants are not qualified. When I went I met alot of people who told me they got dq'd from the s/o and s/a position and were thinking they would get dq'd from this position too. So we will see. Good luck to you too man! Keep us updated.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything?
            Pickle Suit

Comment

Just a heads up, the next CA academy is supposed to be July 25th. I heard they are still having a hard time filling out this class.
              Pickle Suit

Comment

Even though I was DQ'd at the psych stage for DST, I would gladly do CA. I've read several people were DQ'd at psych but got recommended for CA, but I only applied DST initially (big mistake!) so wasn't offered jack!

Comment

I wonder if you have to apply to both in order to be recommend, because I only applied for DST, and when I called pre-employment about transferring to CA, they told me I was DQ'd from that as well.

Comment

Really? I'm sorry to hear that. When I started, I only applied to DST. the psych dqd me from the DST position and later received a call from a deputy telling me that the psych herself recommended I start with CA first. I gladly accepted and applied. Now i'm just waiting to see what happens.
                    You should try and give pre employment a call lakeshow
                    Last edited by sgonzo; 06-08-2012, 02:10 AM.
                    Pickle Suit

Comment

Yeah I got told the exact same thing as futureleo77.

Comment

Looking on the LASD website at CUSTODY ASSISTANT job bulletin i see it shows the height-weight relationship chart. At what point in the process do they weigh you? I am 5' 9" and weigh 185 pounds. So going off this chart I do not meet the requirements. I am sure I can slim down those couple extra pounds just wondering when I need it done by. I have the written test this thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by bluetoyota97 View Post
                          Looking on the LASD website at CUSTODY ASSISTANT job bulletin i see it shows the height-weight relationship chart. At what point in the process do they weigh you? I am 5' 9" and weigh 185 pounds. So going off this chart I do not meet the requirements. I am sure I can slim down those couple extra pounds just wondering when I need it done by. I have the written test this thursday.

Don't worry about that. You will be fine. I don't think they even implement that requirement anymore, and havent for a long time.

Comment

When I did the medical for DST, they only checked my height. They never tested my fat.

I went to pre employment today to update my background. The deputy said he would call my current employer to see how my behavior is. I really hope this won't make me miss the July 25th academy. I also received a letter saying my medical has been cleared for CA. Yipee
                            Last edited by sgonzo; 06-18-2012, 05:58 PM.
                            Pickle Suit

Comment

The call

Originally posted by sgonzo View Post
                              When I did the medical for DST, they only checked my height. They never tested my fat.

I went to pre employment today to update my background. The deputy said he would call my current employer to see how my behavior is. I really hope this won't make me miss the July 25th academy. I also received a letter saying my medical has been cleared for CA. Yipee
                              Has anyone got the call for the July ca class ye? got my medical clearance letter beginning of June, but havnt heard anything yet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6412 users online. 296 members and 6116 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X