This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• withdrawing out...

Hey guys, I was just wondering if it looks bad for future applications or backgrounds, when you withdraw from testing phase. I withdrew from two depts before taking written test last year (weeks apart from each other) due to being in probation time with a new employment. I am now contemplating on dropping out from one more due to financial issues, driving up and down the state is no cheap venture. Dont get me wrong, Id do anything to keep plugging away with applications and attending as much as possible, but dreams do get tied down with financial responsibilities. So my question is, will that affect me in any way? Thanks fellas
    Last edited by shift.e; 04-21-2012, 02:12 AM.

Originally posted by shift.e View Post
    Hey guys, I was just wondering if it looks bad for future applications or backgrounds, when you withdraw from testing phase. I withdrew from two depts before taking written test last year (weeks apart from each other) due to being in probation time with a new employment. I am now contemplating on dropping out from one more due to financial issues, driving up and down the state is no cheap venture. Dont get me wrong, Id do anything to keep plugging away with applications and attending as much as possible, but dreams do get tied down with financial responsibilities. So my question is, will that affect me in any way? Thanks fellas
    You have to live with the choices you make. I know I would pass over you in a heartbeat for someone else whom actually made a choice to commit when he started. You are now looking at dropping out for a third time... I'm guessing you have used the same excuse for other responsibilities you have had.
    Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

buffaloboy, you know what? Ill take that as a challenge. I guess I faltered, and was looking for an easier way out. Thanks man, Ill commit to it. Btw in all honesty you sound like a d*ck, but the kind of d*ck that puts a p*ssy back into place.

Comment

Originally posted by shift.e View Post
        buffaloboy, you know what? Ill take that as a challenge. I guess I faltered, and was looking for an easier way out. Thanks man, Ill commit to it. Btw in all honesty you sound like a d*ck, but the kind of d*ck that puts a p*ssy back into place.
        I don't use sugar.

Comment

Buffaloboy doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. People withdraw from hiring processes all the time. I know for a fact that I applied at several agencies where I didn't even bother testing because I thought they wouldn't be a good fit for me or because the test conflicted with something else in my schedule

At the point where you withdrew (before the written test) it does not harm an agency or you at all. Believe me, I have held 4 LE jobs and am currently a federal agent.
          Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

I withdrew from testing from a agency that I couldn't make the drive to. The HR laddy was actually happy that I called her so she could remove me from the list, she told me reapply again if you would like in the future.

That shows more integrity instead of being a ' no show' and them having to call out your name, then nobody responds then marking you off.
            Last edited by cactuscooler; 04-21-2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I withdrew from several agencies when applying. Most of the time it was a schedule conflict. I even withdrew when in backgrounds with one agency, which made my current agency feel I really was dedicated to them and that's when they picked me up.

Comment

Withdrawing under the circumstances you describe is not grounds for DQ in the CA agencies I have done backgrounds for.

However with that said, it strikes me that you reasons for dropping out seem a little odd. The hiring process in California takes a long time. You would have been well out of probation in your first two jobs before the hiring process was complete. Similarly, why would you apply a third time if you knew taking that job would pose a financial hardship?

My point here is that in doing your background, I would ask a few extra questions about your decision making ability, how well you thought things through, your maturity level, impulse control, etc.
                Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                  Withdrawing under the circumstances you describe is not grounds for DQ in the CA agencies I have done backgrounds for.

However with that said, it strikes me that you reasons for dropping out seem a little odd. The hiring process in California takes a long time. You would have been well out of probation in your first two jobs before the hiring process was complete. Similarly, why would you apply a third time if you knew taking that job would pose a financial hardship?

My point here is that in doing your background, I would ask a few extra questions about your decision making ability, how well you thought things through, your maturity level, impulse control, etc.
                  This is the long version of what I was saying. Dropping out of the hiring process 3+ times is not going to DQ you at all but it will raise red flags.

Originally posted by cactuscooler View Post
                  I withdrew from testing from a agency that I couldn't make the drive to. The HR laddy was actually happy that I called her so she could remove me from the list, she told me reapply again if you would like in the future.

That shows more integrity instead of being a ' no show' and them having to call out your name, then nobody responds then marking you off.
                  Originally posted by cactuscooler
                  I noticed that too, he likes to play internet tough guy/cyber cop.
                  Good advice student. However we are not talking about a single occurrence, we are talking about multiple times which is starting to show a pattern.

Next time feel free to answer but leave the bashing part out kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffaloboy View Post
                    This is the long version of what I was saying. Dropping out of the hiring process 3+ times is not going to DQ you at all but it will raise red flags.

Good advice student. However we are not talking about a single occurrence, we are talking about multiple times which is starting to show a pattern.

Next time feel free to answer but leave the bashing part out kid.

I do like your style though, sometimes people need to have somebody that's real and raw. I think thats where you come into play

Comment

Man I thought this thread was about another kind of withdrawing. As long as she's not prego you win...
                      "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
                      I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

Originally posted by USMARINE View Post
                        Man I thought this thread was about another kind of withdrawing. As long as she's not prego you win...

That kind of withdrawing you can and should do as much as you can

Comment

Bahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
                          I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

I was in the final stages with several agencies and pulled back for one reason or another. Not one of those has caused me any issue. As already noted, most times the agency will understand and takes favor when you tell them vice not showing up. I will qualify this that if you drop out right before a Polly or Drug Screen, they may look at you a little funny; but pulling back due to conflicts or situations that you can support should not be an issue.

As for Buffalogirl, ignore her.
                            Last edited by Ocommod1; 04-22-2012, 10:00 AM. Reason: removed quote of deleted post
                            Originally posted by SSD
                            It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
                            Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                            And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Whoa, what's going on while I was gone?! User L-1, I dropped out of the first dept as I that was my 3rd day with my trainer at the new job, the second one (2 week difference) I dropped out since I had two department testings on the same day, so after much thought I picked the department that interested me more at that time. The trainer/job was gracious enough to let me be late as I took the pat testing of my choice for the second incident. I just didnt want to push my luck and show I wasnt appreciative for the opportunity and the training that job was giving.
                              As always, I appreciate you fellas for all the input...and do carry on.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8481 users online. 434 members and 8047 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X