300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverside County Hiring DST's

For those who are interested, Riverside is hiring for Deputy Sheriff's Trainee...
    http://agency.governmentjobs.com/riverside/default.cfm
    Good luck, everyone...

They said they were this time last year. We had to weight 7 months before we heard back from them after the PAT, only to find out they were only hiring correctional deputies. Aren't they still hurting financially?

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLEO77 View Post
      Aren't they still hurting financially?
      Yes..

Comment

I've lost faith in their hiring process. I've tried twice before with them, and each time I drive 8 hours down there for a written test, and a promise that PAT date will be posted within a week. And both times months went by with no PAT dates posted. I'm not going to fall for that again.

Comment

Went all the way through until April 2014 and there doesn't appear to be any open test dates. I'll continue to look throughout the week.

Comment

Originally posted by afftonz View Post
            Went all the way through until April 2014 and there doesn't appear to be any open test dates. I'll continue to look throughout the week.
            they're not going to post dates up that far. Just check every day and hope for that little asterisk by a calendar date sometime in the near future and sign yourself up!

Comment

I had training at RSO this week and was told by the Lt there that they are hiring for Deputies and Correctional Deputies. Also we are sending 2 people to the Correctional Academy next week and maybe 1 person to their regular academy, which is next month.
              Last edited by Nacho1523; 02-16-2012, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by afftonz View Post
                It says:

"PLEASE NOTE: We are scheduling up to one month in advance. If there are no asterisks, there are currently no open schedules. Please feel free to check back weekly as additional dates are constantly added."

Comment

Went into their written test yesterday afternoon. Surprised that they gave me an immediate pass and gave me a PAT date in two weeks! Super excited! Also there was also an option to apply to both DST and Correctional Deputy positions.

Comment

Maybe they can hire some of the 90 DOJ Special Agents that are getting laid off today RSO is a good agency. Or at least it was when I was there. This economy is killing everyone. Agencies are getting excited, looking like they are getting the ability to hire, they get the ball rolling, and then things change overnight. Not easy on the people trying to get hired on. But it isn't because the agency is substandard by any means. I left 10 yrs ago, but I still keep in touch.

Comment

Seems like we might be turning a corner though, OCSD and LASD are hiring steadily and now RSO starting up again. Looks like this might be a good year for LE jobs.

Comment

...but at the same time, most agencies are already entering into fiscal year budget hearings facing multi-million dollar deficits. So who knows. On the inside, I dont see any corners being turned. We are already being told this years budget is going to be worse than the last 2-3.

Comment

Has anyone taken the written recently? Do they grade the exam the same day?

Comment

Originally posted by NFLsec7 View Post
                            Has anyone taken the written recently? Do they grade the exam the same day?
                            it's done on the computer. they let you know if you pass right after you finish it

Comment

They added more testing dates this afternoon. Get scheduled ASAP if you are interested.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11260 users online. 460 members and 10800 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X