Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got word on class 208 today. It's July 2nd. So buckle down and train your butts off.

Comment

• Originally posted by SyntaxError View Post

What a shame. Go through the whole process just to quit a few days later. Does anyone know if they have orientation before the academy? I know they have a mentor program but not everyone gets invited to go.
      i never attended mentor program and did fine, graduated the academy

One guy from my class attended mentor program and he tapped out

Comment

• EXHUMED
        EXHUMED commented
        Editing a comment
        Question, what was the average length of runs you guys did in the academy? I'm runnng 3x a week, 3 miles each run (usually about 30 min). Just wondering if I need to up this amount. Thanks.

• What's up fellas. Did the the written and PAT in February, submitted my background packet (online) around 03/12, and currently have my interview with my BI next week.

Looking forward to the process, however long it might take. Best of luck to everyone here.

Comment

• Jabba Ranks
        Jabba Ranks commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m around the same part of the process as you currently. Submitted background packet in March with a interview scheduled in April. How’s your strength training look like currently ?

• EXHUMED
        EXHUMED commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, just saw your comment. I've been running 3x a week, trying for at least 3mi each time and trying to keep a 10min/mile pace. Also hitting the gym maybe once or twice a week. Then at home and sometimes work, lots of pushups, burpees, etc to get my endurance up.

• Just got word that my bi is scheduling for psych today guys!
      I might be seeing you in 208

Comment

• Originally posted by Chipperjones22 View Post
        Just got word that my bi is scheduling for psych today guys!
        I might be seeing you in 208
        Wow you're moving fast. 95% of the MP haven't been scheduled. And congrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by vuongv89 View Post

Wow you're moving fast. 95% of the MP haven't been scheduled. And congrats.
          Have you any tips on training? Not sure my background, psych, medical, and poly will be done by July, but I'm still training like it is.

I'm running 3x a week, 30min each time (usually about 3mi), and 2x a week I'm working on pushups/situps, burpees, flutter kicks, leg raises, etc. Just wonder what others are doing to prepare for the academy.

Comment

• vuongv89
            vuongv89 commented
            Editing a comment
            So far our workouts have been more of cross fit. Keep doing what you're doing and add pull ups to it. And if you want, go weight train too.

• EXHUMED
            EXHUMED commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool, good to know. Any specific crossfit exercises, or is it better suggested to mix it up? I saw tire flipping and chain pulling in the mentor videos. Wish I had somewhere local I could do that.

Noted on the pull ups, though. Not sure how many I could pump out right now.

• vuongv89
            vuongv89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Do pretty much endurance and strength. The other day we ran 2.5 mi and that was the warm up to the workout. Pull up is more for academy they told us you do alot of them.

• EXHUMED
            EXHUMED commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to know. Thanks for the tips. I'll keep on my 3mi per run, and try to bring down my times. Right now I'm hovering around 10min / mile average. I'll also pickup a pull up bar for home so I can try those too.

• Just got scheduled for the psych yesterday. Hopefully the process starts moving along for you guys too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dt1911 View Post
            Just got scheduled for the psych yesterday. Hopefully the process starts moving along for you guys too.
            Waiting on my psych call too man
            just seen my BI
            he said if I get through psyche I’m 208 certified

Comment

• Had my BI interview today, went well. Have my poly scheduled for next week, then my BI said he will be starting my references / full background.

If all goes well with the poly, about how long until you guys heard back about the psych/medical?

Comment

• Originally posted by EXHUMED View Post
                Had my BI interview today, went well. Have my poly scheduled for next week, then my BI said he will be starting my references / full background.

If all goes well with the poly, about how long until you guys heard back about the psych/medical?
                It really depends some of us have been here a while and still no psych date.

Comment

• I was told that I passed the medical and my home visit is scheduled for Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by vuongv89 View Post

It really depends some of us have been here a while and still no psych date.
                    Gotcha. Okay then, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

• I officially completed the process yesterday. My timeline is listed below for reference.

Application - June, 2018
                      Written - June
                      PAT - July
                      Background Interview - August
                      Polygraph - September
                      Conditional Offer - February
                      Psychological Exam - February
                      Psychological Interview - February
                      Medical - March
                      Home Visit - March
                      Completed Process - March, 2019

Comment

• SyntaxError
                        SyntaxError commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you. You're almost there as well. Yes, after you're done with your written, they schedule you for your interview before you leave. If your psych is good you will be scheduled for your medical shortly after.

• Dt1911
                        Dt1911 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        How long did it take to get your psych results?

• SyntaxError
                        SyntaxError commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just a couple of days. Once you pass you get scheduled for your medical.

• Dt1911
                        Dt1911 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ah ok, I had my psych interview on Monday and I havent heard anything yet.

• Anyone previously have success with the appeal process?

Comment

• Dt1911
                        Dt1911 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've only appealed when I was DQd from LAPD. Long story short, the appeal was denied after a year of waiting.

• Got my polygraph coming up. Paperwork I have says business casual, everything I read online says suit and tie to all appointments/interviews except for PT related stuff.

Did you guys go bsuiness casual or stick with the full suit still?

Comment

• SyntaxError
                        SyntaxError commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I went in a suit for everything else but the medical.

• EXHUMED
                        EXHUMED commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Cool, I'll do the same. Thanks. Goodluck with your home visit tomorrow!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6595 users online. 346 members and 6249 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X