Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riverside County Hiring DST's

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Angels- My opinion would of said take the CD spot. Because you would of gained senority in the dept that you could of taken to the sworn side, which means a higher pay step as a DST then as a Dep once u graduated. I know the pay sucks the first year as a CD but we get a 6 dollar raise after the first 12 months. Another big one is, you could of had the 3@50 formula.

    About my academy time, I will tell anyone that I didnt take it serious at all before getting there. I thought how hard could a 9.5 week academy be? Well I'll tell you what, they had fun with me! I'm talking about the physical part. not the whole following orders that was easy, do as your told! I lost 30 pounds and shaved over 2 mins off my mile and a half. So dont be like me, be in decent shape! its funny now, but not so much then. ha
    Last edited by htcguy1; 05-29-2012, 01:19 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by htcguy1 View Post
      Angels- My opinion would of said take the CD spot. Because you would of gained senority in the dept that you could of taken to the sworn side, which means a higher pay step as a DST then as a Dep once u graduated. I know the pay sucks the first year as a CD but we get a 6 dollar raise after the first 12 months. Another big one is, you could of had the 3@50 formula.

      About my academy time, I will tell anyone that I didnt take it serious at all before getting there. I thought how hard could a 9.5 week academy be? Well I'll tell you what, they had fun with me! I'm talking about the physical part. not the whole following orders that was easy, do as your told! I lost 30 pounds and shaved over 2 mins off my mile and a half. So dont be like me, be in decent shape! its funny now, but not so much then. ha
      Yea I am kicking myself right now for takin what was offered to me, especially if I would have been able to get 3@50. All I can do is now is hope that decision won't bite me in the butt. Thanks for the advice on getting myself prepared physically for the academy if I am in fact lucky enough to get a chance. Wow, a $6 raise after the first 12 months?!?!? That's insane. All I can do now is cross my fingers and let things run their course.

      Comment


      • just keep your nose clean and in due time things will get better... FYI rumors have started to spread that the new contract has been voted in. Just have to wait for offical word in a few hours.

        Comment


        • It's official. Contract passed. 60% of ballots returned, 84% in favor of the new terms.
          Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
          --Winston Churchill--

          "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

          Comment


          • Has there been an article yet about the new agreement? If so, does anyone mind sharing the link. All I've found is "tentative" agreement articles. Thanks

            Comment


            • I dont think anything has been publicly released...all my info is direct from the union website
              Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
              --Winston Churchill--

              "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SoCalSheriff View Post
                I dont think anything has been publicly released...all my info is direct from the union website
                Thank you for the response. Do you work for RSO?

                Comment


                • Hello everyone, I'll be testing this month June 25th and just wanted to get some feedback on the hiring process ie. timelines. Any info / feedback / advice would be greatly appreciatated. Thank you

                  Comment


                  • anyone from the april testing batch turn in their BG packet by may 18 and hear back yet?

                    Comment


                    • Doesn't seem like too many people on O.com have applied or are in the process with RSO. I have been in the process for quite some time now, but to comment on how the process is, I really can't. RSO has been a roller coaster ride to say the least. I am pretty sure my case is a little different than most, due to budget cuts. I have basically gone through the process twice, but hopefully it will pay off soon. I have read on this thread that it sounds like RSO is getting ready to throw a good amount of DST's into an academy in the near future, hopefully starting in the July 28th academy. I wish I had a little more advice to offer, but all I can say is keep your nose clean and be 100% honest and you should be fine.

                      Comment


                      • So are they still hiring today? I wouldn't mind starting in the jails. Seems more than fair to me. Actually I may apply to be a corrections officer too.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Al_Swanson View Post
                          So are they still hiring today? I wouldn't mind starting in the jails. Seems more than fair to me. Actually I may apply to be a corrections officer too.
                          Yes they are currently hiring for both CD and DST.

                          Comment


                          • Here's a link to the PE's article on the new contract.

                            http://www.pe.com/local-news/topics/...iffs-union.ece

                            Comment


                            • Anyone made any progress?

                              Comment


                              • Calls from Investigators should be going out soon! I know someone who got the call to meet an Inv next week! Good luck guys!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12356 users online. 478 members and 11878 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X