Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riverside County Hiring DST's

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey All,

    Just discovered this forum. Little background, I applied in February, did PAT and initerview that month. Passed poly in March. I had my home Visit, medical and psych all in June. All cleared. My background investigator presented me to the SGT. Yesterday, small issue came up in regards to my Naturilization proof. I was born in England, I became a citizen at age 14 automatically when my parents did. I dropped off those papers today, besides that my investigator told me it's looking good. I got an email in regards to the pre academy classes starting on the 11th. Really getting excited now. September 28th is just around the corner. Has anyone got "the call" from HR?
    Last edited by ianreynolds1991; 07-24-2015, 03:21 AM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ianreynolds1991 View Post
      Hey All,

      Just discovered this forum. Little background, I applied in February, did PAT and initerview that month. Passed poly in March. I had my home Visit, medical and psych all in June. All cleared. My background investigator presented me to the SGT. Yesterday, small issue came up in regards to my Naturilization proof. I was born in England, I became a citizen at age 14 automatically when my parents did. I dropped off those papers today, besides that my investigator told me it's looking good. I got an email in regards to the pre academy classes starting on the 11th. Really getting excited now. September 28th is just around the corner. Has anyone got "the call" from HR?
      CONGRATS!! I guess I'll be seeing you on the 11Th of August. It's actually the 2nd PAT and soon after that its the orientation. Im assuming we will not get "The Call" until after the 11th if all goes well. BI said, everyone that is attending on the 11th are expected to be in the Sept. 28th academy.

      Comment


      • Well the 11th, is the beginning of the pre academy training like stated. There is also a classroom session after the PAT. Pre academy is optional besides the first and 7th session both for PATs. I don't think it's a pass or fail thing, I think they are more looking to see improvement from the first one. My BI told me to shoot for around 12 min mile and half and 40 push ups and 40 sit ups.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ianreynolds1991 View Post
          Well the 11th, is the beginning of the pre academy training like stated. There is also a classroom session after the PAT. Pre academy is optional besides the first and 7th session both for PATs. I don't think it's a pass or fail thing, I think they are more looking to see improvement from the first one. My BI told me to shoot for around 12 min mile and half and 40 push ups and 40 sit ups.
          I was told the same. Did your BI give you a PT chart to fill out and submit every Sunday?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bachi10 View Post
            I was told the same. Did your BI give you a PT chart to fill out and submit every Sunday?
            No actually. What were your stats after the first PT?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ianreynolds1991 View Post
              No actually. What were your stats after the first PT?
              My first PAT
              1.5 miles -12:09
              Push up - 29
              Sit up - 33

              Not so great but I know on the 11th I'll be ready and improve on my scores. How did you do?
              Last edited by bachi10; 07-26-2015, 07:41 PM.

              Comment


              • Mine wasn't that great either.

                1.5 Miles- 11:45
                Push ups- 37
                Sit Ups 35.

                I was thinking maybe you barely passed as a reason they were having you log it in weekly but your numbers aren't terrible.

                Comment


                • ..........
                  Last edited by bachi10; 07-28-2015, 08:51 AM.

                  Comment


                  • ..........
                    Last edited by bachi10; 07-28-2015, 08:51 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bachi10 View Post
                      ..........
                      Hi guys,

                      I am just starting the process. I've been checking you are in the last steps in the process.
                      Could you please share or give me any feedback about the whole process ?? ( more difficult part, how long, advice...).

                      Thanks, appreciated.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by goldguy View Post
                        Hi guys,

                        I am just starting the process. I've been checking you are in the last steps in the process.
                        Could you please share or give me any feedback about the whole process ?? ( more difficult part, how long, advice...).

                        Thanks, appreciated.
                        Yeah, its all downhill for me. We have our 2nd PAT tomorrow, I was told everyone that will the attending tomorrow will be in class 197 in September. I would say the hardest part was the written exam, but once thats done the rest should go by smoothly. If your background is clean you should be okay. To be honest, the most difficult part during the whole process is being patient. I felt like I wanted to know everything as soon as possible. Good luck

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bachi10 View Post
                          Yeah, its all downhill for me. We have our 2nd PAT tomorrow, I was told everyone that will the attending tomorrow will be in class 197 in September. I would say the hardest part was the written exam, but once thats done the rest should go by smoothly. If your background is clean you should be okay. To be honest, the most difficult part during the whole process is being patient. I felt like I wanted to know everything as soon as possible. Good luck
                          Bachi, thanks for the info.
                          Congratulations!!. I wish you the best tomorrow in the 2nd PAT.
                          In regards to the written, is it similar to the pelletb exam?.
                          What about the interview?. Is it like a panel interview or only a BI interview?.
                          Good luck in class 197.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by goldguy View Post
                            Bachi, thanks for the info.
                            Congratulations!!. I wish you the best tomorrow in the 2nd PAT.
                            In regards to the written, is it similar to the pelletb exam?.
                            What about the interview?. Is it like a panel interview or only a BI interview?.
                            Good luck in class 197.
                            The written is just a 70 question timed vocabulary test. You have 10 minutes to complete as much as you can. Then 200 question
                            evaluation about your history. If passed, they schedule you for a PAT. Consist of 1.5 miles under 14 min. but wanting you to do it in 12 min. when the academy starts. 22 push ups and 27 sit ups. The interview is only with your BI.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bachi10 View Post
                              The written is just a 70 question timed vocabulary test. You have 10 minutes to complete as much as you can. Then 200 question
                              evaluation about your history. If passed, they schedule you for a PAT. Consist of 1.5 miles under 14 min. but wanting you to do it in 12 min. when the academy starts. 22 push ups and 27 sit ups. The interview is only with your BI.
                              Thanks again,
                              I already knew about PAT and written based in the job description but I just wanted to go further.
                              How long did you process take?. My background is clean But I think it'll take a little longer cause I am not so young...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by goldguy View Post
                                Thanks again,
                                I already knew about PAT and written based in the job description but I just wanted to go further.
                                How long did you process take?. My background is clean But I think it'll take a little longer cause I am not so young...
                                Mines took a little over 6 months but I did my home visit back in July. This waiting period sucked but it seems like its moving pretty fast now. Im 29, so i dont know what you consider young. LOL

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9317 users online. 445 members and 8872 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X