Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else besides peacemaker get the call or have any updates?

Comment

• i got the call 11-1-14.

Comment

• I have my pat the 16th for corrections deputy. Can anyone confirm this is a NON sworn positron correct? They stated you would have to apply for your ccw which leads me to believe it is non sworn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• CA penal code section 831.5(a) should answer your question RamLover

Comment

• Originally posted by Peacemaker54 View Post
            CA penal code section 831.5(a) should answer your question RamLover
            Thank you, I don't want to get technical but I seem to still be a little confused. As it states in the penal code "custodial officer, correctional officer, jailer or other similar title.". I've been led to believe the title "officer" is non sworn position as described in the section of the penal code. However the job title is custody (custodial) deputy, which I've been informed indicate a sworn position. So does custody deputy fall under the "other title" category?
            Thank you for your time.

Comment

• Long story short: Correctional Deputy is a non-sworn position. 100% positive. RSA's MOUs make that clear. Short story long: 831.5(a) specifically lists Riverside County. However, Riverside County does not have any custodial type officer with any of the specifically stated titles. The only position the Riverside Sheriffs Dept has that fits the description of duties in 831.5(a) is their position of Correctional Deputy. Therefore, if 831.5(a) specifically lists Riverside County, and the only position they have that matches the duties listed in the section is Correctional Deputy, then the Riverside County Sheriff's Correctional Deputies must fall under the "other similar title" category.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peacemaker54 View Post
                Long story short: Correctional Deputy is a non-sworn position. 100% positive. RSA's MOUs make that clear. Short story long: 831.5(a) specifically lists Riverside County. However, Riverside County does not have any custodial type officer with any of the specifically stated titles. The only position the Riverside Sheriffs Dept has that fits the description of duties in 831.5(a) is their position of Correctional Deputy. Therefore, if 831.5(a) specifically lists Riverside County, and the only position they have that matches the duties listed in the section is Correctional Deputy, then the Riverside County Sheriff's Correctional Deputies must fall under the "other similar title" category.
                Thank you for the clarification. Much appreciated.

Comment

• Who's all taking their second PAT on Tuesday?

Comment

• Check your email. The pat got rescheduled due to whether til next month. I just got the email today.

Comment

• I have my 2nd PAT on tuesday. I have not heard of it being rescheduled. Many applicants were scheduled to take the initial PAT on the 16th also. I'm assuming that is the PAT ram lover is referring to.

Comment

• Drudge, the PAT for the January academy recruits is also canceled. The mentoring program is still on though and starts at 07:30. Business casual dress attire is required.

Comment

• Just got "The Call" from HR. Class 195 for me!

Comment

• I'm a little uncertain where I stand at the moment. I've passed everything and seem to just be waiting on the official call. I never had a home visit but I live 4+ hours away and was working even further just a few weeks ago so I don't know what's normal in that situation. I never heard anything about a 2nd PAT and to top it all off, my background investigator was changed in November. Has anyone had anything similar happen to them?

Comment

• No idea man. Best bet is calling you BI and ask him what your status is. Just remember no news is good news.

Comment

• Just applied. Anyone have some info on the written test? Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18588 users online. 505 members and 18083 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X