300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RGMRSD View Post
    Thank you... I signed my conditional offer and took both the written and oral psych yesterday 23 June 2014. There does not seem to be another academy date posted after July 28. However, after speaking to other recruits yesterday, I have found that many of us are being scheduled around the same time for exams. Does this mean they will be postponing the July academy or filling another class for a future date? If anyone has already signed their "FIRM" offer for the 194th class, dates of orientation and academy info would be appreciated... Thank you!

Since you only just signed your conditional offer, you still have some steps to go before your file is submitted, approved and signed off by the Chief Deputy in Personnel. Then it needs to get processed by HR so you can get all that fun stuff out of the way. After that, there are still orientations, pre-academy PAT, and uniform/equipment issuance.

The point I'm trying to make is, that all won't happen by July. Keep running, working out, studying your Penal/Vehicle codes, and staying out of trouble. Your time will come soon enough. Best of luck, you've chosen a great agency!
    fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

Comment

• I have terrible news, however, I would like some advice. I have completed both my oral and written psych exams but was told that I failed. I am waiting for an official letter so I can appeal the decision and be re-examined. According to the Dr. during the oral interview, I scored too perfectly on the written section, which she allowed me to retake. Even after I retook the written section, I still failed. I honestly answered each question, both times. Could the DQ be a result of my age? I am 22 years old, a college graduate with a B.S. Interdisciplinary Studies Justice Administration, and have plenty of 'real world experience.' Is the DQ a way of excusing me because of 'non-mental' issues? Or should I appeal the process and get re-examined. I have been in the hiring process for seven months and have pass the other portions, and feel I should not let one DQ, especially one that I can appeal stand in my way. On the other hand, I don't want to appeal and find that the department just wants someone who's older and DQ'd me because it was the 'easy' way out. Comments and insight would be much appreciated.

Comment

• Go ahead with the appeal. I won my appeal, but prepared to be thrown into a holding pattern for at least 3 to 6 months. Basically you can kiss the October academy goodbye now.

Comment

• Okay, thank you for the info. I am willing to appeal, but missing another academy date will be devastating! I don't think RSO is going to have another academy this October. From the looks of the academy scheduling of last year and early this year, the next one wouldn't be until the end of january, or March 2015?? Which department did you appeal for psych for? and did or will you be attending an academy in the near future?

Comment

• Turning in my background packet on the 2nd. Hopefully it all goes well. And reading these forums crushed my hope of starting the academy in October lol. RGMRSD, yea I also looked into previous years of academy dates and it looks like there won't be an academy class until around March. Hopefully there will be earlier ones!

Comment

Okay, thank you for the info. I am willing to appeal, but missing another academy date will be devastating! I don't think RSO is going to have another academy this October. From the looks of the academy scheduling of last year and early this year, the next one wouldn't be until the end of january, or March 2015?? Which department did you appeal for psych for? and did or will you be attending an academy in the near future?
              That certainly must disappointing for you, but don't let it being you down. It happens. Sometimes it doesn't work out with a certain department and does with others.

Don't worry too much on when the academy dates are. That will just bring anxiety to you. Be patient, stay out of trouble, work hard, and enjoy your life.

I'm heading in tomorrow for my oral interview. Should be fun :]
              Good luck to you!

Comment

• I am scheduled to take my written on July 7th...

Comment

• Busy day today at personnel & hr today…. Signed my conditional, oral & written psych, and met my new BI. Everything is looking good!
                  FCPA Class #36

Comment

• Word is that the Oct academy has been cancelled. Next academy wont be until Jan. Anyone else have insight on this?

Comment

• I don't know about an October academy but I heard about January.
                      FCPA Class #36

Comment

• Hey Ricky_G, have you received your results from the oral/written psych evals? I still haven't heard anything from my BI as to whether I actually failed or I will be scheduled for my medical.

Comment

Hey Ricky_G, have you received your results from the oral/written psych evals? I still haven't heard anything from my BI as to whether I actually failed or I will be scheduled for my medical.
                          Not yet but I'm confident all went well. When did you take your tests?
                          FCPA Class #36

Comment

• I too was confident with my exam. I took my eval 6-24-2014. I called the polygraph department and was told they had my results and I failed, but I didn't even give my last name to the woman??? IDK. So I am just waiting to hear from my BI. I have been in the hiring process since Dec, 2013, and would like to hear some positive news for the last steps of this process. When did you initially apply? When did you take your psych evals?

Comment

• I am bit confused as to stage of the process you're in? Are you waiting for your poly or psych results? Either way, give it time and keep up with your conditioning. I recommend you reach out to your BI for test results and not the people on Spruce Street.

As for my process, I submitted my packet early Dec. 2013. I was assigned a new BI after my poly so that could have extended my process a bit. I took my psych evals on 7/1 and received a call yesterday afternoon from personnel to schedule my medical for 7/14.
                              FCPA Class #36

Comment

• To clarify, I have already taken the psych eval on the 24th of June, and have not heard back from either my BI or the personnel department. You and I started the hiring process at the same time, so hopefully I will get an update soon. Congrats on the process this far! Keep me updated!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11863 users online. 423 members and 11440 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X