Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite a few CD's use that classification as a stepping stone for Deputy Sheriff. As far as special gigs for a CD...Like most LE jobs one would have to stand out in their current assignment to get Classification or Gang Intel Unit assignments. Transportation isn't as desirable as the aforementioned. ERT is fairly easy to join, with the exception of grenadiers (less lethal school).
    The Thousandth Man

Comment

• Went to take the written test today and failed. I couldn't believe it when the woman proctoring the exam said "Sorry but you failed to pass the test". I almost didn't even hear the words properly and took me a second to register because not once did I think I could possibly fail the test.

I would bet my livelihood that I failed the personality assessment. There's no way I failed the English/grammar portion because I really am an English whiz when it comes to grammar/spelling/definitions. I'm not saying I'm a genius or anything but that is one area where I know I'm exceptionally strong in and have been all my life. I answered all of the questions in the elapsed time and was only uncertain on a handful of questions.

Not sure exactly how one fails the personality assessment portion. Maybe I was too honest? I was forthcoming about my lackluster performance in high school as far as absences and grades. Other than that I can't possibly begin to comprehend how this test weeds people out based on the personality assessment and I feel pretty robbed right now. I'm really trying to figure out what answers I gave that could portray me in a negative light or as unfit for the job. I just feel like the generic questions the test asked aren't nearly a good gauge of if we are fit for this job. All it did was make me want to give the answers "they want to hear" after going through this. I feel like an actual psych exam would be more appropriate for weeding people out based on personality traits than the questions they asked on the test.. Oh well. I'll try again in 3 months...

Comment

• How's it going guys and gals,
        Just curious how the process is going for everyone. I'm planning on reapplying with RSO. I was DQ'd a couple of years ago due to rushing on my packet and not putting down some important information. Attention to detail will be on top of the list!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolf Man View Post
          Went to take the written test today and failed. I couldn't believe it when the woman proctoring the exam said "Sorry but you failed to pass the test". I almost didn't even hear the words properly and took me a second to register because not once did I think I could possibly fail the test.

I would bet my livelihood that I failed the personality assessment. There's no way I failed the English/grammar portion because I really am an English whiz when it comes to grammar/spelling/definitions. I'm not saying I'm a genius or anything but that is one area where I know I'm exceptionally strong in and have been all my life. I answered all of the questions in the elapsed time and was only uncertain on a handful of questions.

Not sure exactly how one fails the personality assessment portion. Maybe I was too honest? I was forthcoming about my lackluster performance in high school as far as absences and grades. Other than that I can't possibly begin to comprehend how this test weeds people out based on the personality assessment and I feel pretty robbed right now. I'm really trying to figure out what answers I gave that could portray me in a negative light or as unfit for the job. I just feel like the generic questions the test asked aren't nearly a good gauge of if we are fit for this job. All it did was make me want to give the answers "they want to hear" after going through this. I feel like an actual psych exam would be more appropriate for weeding people out based on personality traits than the questions they asked on the test.. Oh well. I'll try again in 3 months...
          I failed my written as well, but as a matter of fact, it was probably best that I did. I live roughly 2 hours away from Riverside and making multiple trips for appointments would be a heavy burden. I understand this may not be your case, but try shotgunning your application to other departments. I wish you the best of luck.

Comment

• Good luck to everyone in 193 on Monday.. Good way to start St. Patty's Day.. Train hard and study study study.. It will be graduation day before you know it.

Comment

• I just applied today and have my written exam tomorrow. Anyone have any tips to pass the exam? My old supervisor took the exam twice and failed both times. How long does the process usually take? What kind of background do they look for?

Comment

• Originally posted by SyntaxError View Post
                I just applied today and have my written exam tomorrow. Anyone have any tips to pass the exam? My old supervisor took the exam twice and failed both times. How long does the process usually take? What kind of background do they look for?
                The only thing you can really study is vocab. You have 10 min to answer 70 vocab questions. You don't always have to answer every question(although it is good to) it matters on how many correct answers you get in that amount of time given. Part 2 is a personality test. Just be honest and consistent with your answers. The same questions are asked a few times just worded a bit different. Background is pretty extensive. It's hard to say how long it takes because everyone's background is different.. It can take anywhere from 6 months to 9 months, sometimes earlier, sometimes longer, it just depends on the person. Be prepared to look into you life from the age you were 15 to now..

Comment

• Originally posted by Warrior09 View Post
                  The only thing you can really study is vocab. You have 10 min to answer 70 vocab questions. You don't always have to answer every question(although it is good to) it matters on how many correct answers you get in that amount of time given. Part 2 is a personality test. Just be honest and consistent with your answers. The same questions are asked a few times just worded a bit different. Background is pretty extensive. It's hard to say how long it takes because everyone's background is different.. It can take anywhere from 6 months to 9 months, sometimes earlier, sometimes longer, it just depends on the person. Be prepared to look into you life from the age you were 15 to now..

Thanks for the reply. I took the test and passed and only qualified for the Correctional Deputy, which I don't mind, just as long as I get in with the department. I just hope I have no problems with the whole process.

Comment

• Originally posted by SyntaxError View Post
                    Thanks for the reply. I took the test and passed and only qualified for the Correctional Deputy, which I don't mind, just as long as I get in with the department. I just hope I have no problems with the whole process.
                    Nice.. Congrats.. Good luck on the process.

Comment

• I am considering a lateral move from my current department (in-state) to Riverside County. Would someone who currently works for the department be willing to "pm" me? I have some questions regarding the department other than what is posted on the recruitment website.

Comment

• You can send me your pm.
                        The Thousandth Man

Comment

• You don't have your PM enabled

Comment

• Originally posted by Warrior09 View Post
                            Nice.. Congrats.. Good luck on the process.

Thanks! It looks like the process goes by pretty quick. I hope I'll be able to make the July or October academy.

Comment

• I apologize. PM is now enabled.

Comment

• Taking the written test this month, got DQd in 2008 and am hoping that 6 years of solid work history and better credit will help.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11425 users online. 393 members and 11032 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X