300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shadowbrd View Post
    Hey scvmg, haven't been on here in forever it seems. Looks like I will be seeing you at the PAT on Tuesday. I got scheduled for it too. Wanna private message each other's numbers by any chance so we can text instead? Should be much faster and seems like a good idea, since we seem to be on almost identical boats at this point.
    check your PM

Comment

• Originally posted by scvmg View Post
      check your PM
      I sent you a text to the phone number you gave me. Not sure if you got it or not..

Comment

• Looks like ill be seeing you gentlemen out there as well.

Comment

• call came in this afternoon. 193 is a go.

Comment

• I received the same call. Stay motivated gentlemen, we have six months full of fun and adventure in front of us. Scvmg did you attend the mentoring program yesterday evening? Shoot me a PM brother.

Comment

• I have a question. How much is paid for the by RSO for the academy and what is not that is hired by RSO? I reviewed that sheet which was posted on the board a couple weeks back, and have a question on the tuition. I can understand the rest for the gear, but who pays the tuition to MVC? I was told of a $550 fee we had to pay on March 6, assuming that is for Academy Materials, but anyone know?

Comment

• Im pretty sure if hired they pay in full. I think the 550 is for gear.That is what ive gathered.

Comment

• Originally posted by scvmg View Post
                  I have a question. How much is paid for the by RSO for the academy and what is not that is hired by RSO? I reviewed that sheet which was posted on the board a couple weeks back, and have a question on the tuition. I can understand the rest for the gear, but who pays the tuition to MVC? I was told of a $550 fee we had to pay on March 6, assuming that is for Academy Materials, but anyone know?
                  As far as I understood the dept. pays all costs but apparently not. The only thing I saw on the cost breakdown sheet that was 550 is the EVOC.
                  Here is a cost breakbdown. I don't think its exact but it's an idea of costs.. http://www.clarktraining.org/catalog...ademy-Cost.pdf

Comment

• Hey everyone! Im Chris. I just thought Id chime in on this thread. Im in Backgrounds now and my BI investigator told me he is trying to get my into the March Academy. (Super Excited) However, I have my psyh and medical left. Psych is on for next week. Can anyone shed some light on how the psych will be? Also as far as the medical what will be on the vision test? More importantly what they do? I currently wear glasses. Please IM
                    Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by CSOTandy08 View Post
                      Hey everyone! Im Chris. I just thought Id chime in on this thread. Im in Backgrounds now and my BI investigator told me he is trying to get my into the March Academy. (Super Excited) However, I have my psyh and medical left. Psych is on for next week. Can anyone shed some light on how the psych will be? Also as far as the medical what will be on the vision test? More importantly what they do? I currently wear glasses. Please IM
                      Chris
                      Hey CSOTandy08, congrats on your process so far. I honestly think making the March academy would be hard because of what you still have left and the fact they need to meet with the Chief to review your file, but hey, I might be wrong.

As far as the psych goes, it is broken up into two parts, a written and an oral interview. There isn't much I can tell you to help, since it is an individual effort (my answers will obviously not be your answers) but I can tell you that being truthful and confident always helps. Be prepared to answer hundreds of short questions for the written part. Do not second guess yourself and you are basically there to prove why you are ready to become a Deputy Sheriff. At the end of it all, however, the test and oral interview will determine that, obviously.

The medical is basic. Again, can't really "prepare" for it. They will draw blood, do an ear and vision test, an EKG (which takes seconds, or run on a treadmill if you are over 35? i believe) and a small interview with the doctor. The vision test is done on a machine...they will simply ask you to look into it and ask you a series of questions about what you see. Im not sure how it will work with glasses (since I do not wear any) but Im sure they will explain it to you beforehand.

Good luck with everything ahead, and do not become demoralized if there is any hiccup with what you have left in the process, Im sure many of us had such occurrences (me personally with having to go through the process of getting contacts, never needing them before).
                      Last edited by Shadowbrd; 02-16-2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone know about how long it takes till you see your first paycheck? I know with some departments it takes about a month or two so I'm trying to figure out how much to have put away in savings to get by on until the first paycheck. Can anyone shed some light?

Comment

• Do laterals have to go to the Jails or Courts first before patrol?

Comment

• I haven't seen a lateral go to patrol in several years. I believe they all go to custody for around four years. I've met a deputy who lateralled from Inglewood PD with a ton of experience who is working custody. Same circs for a few San Bernardino PD guys.
                            The Thousandth Man

Comment

• Just curious if anyone else applied to DST only initially, with good qualifications, but then were told by their BI their file was being processed forward only for Correctional Deputy? Also curious if any current RSD CDs or DSs have any information about the processes for CDs applying to and getting a DST position? Other older threads said its relatively easy for CDs to apply and get a DST position, hopefully that is still the case? Is there a timeframe that needs to be adhered to before a CD can apply for a DST position? Likewise, what are the processes in place for CDs to attain special assignments, such as gangs, ERT, transportation, etc? Sorry about the very loaded post, and thank you for any answers given.

Comment

• The same thing happened to me Peacemaker54. My BI said that after you finish the probation (18 months) you can apply and it generally goes pretty fast (from what he told me) because the background will go quick and there certain steps that CDs will not have to do (poly, and a few other steps).
                                Last edited by malopez1775; 02-26-2014, 10:22 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4343 users online. 225 members and 4118 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X