Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took me about two weeks to find out I passed psych. After that I immediately went to do the medical portion. I have my home visit coming up. Any of you
    gentlemen have some tips for the home visit?

Comment

• 0331Grunt, my husband said, "Listen Devil, make sure you clean your house like it was field day." lol.. We had a 10 minute heads up before our background investigator came over. He called and said he was in the area and would be at our house in 10 minutes.. lol..Our home visit was really chill though and we just sat on the couch and talked for about 30 mins.

Comment

• Home visits are casual. I had a week's notice, so I was able to get the yard and house in top shape in time. Just dress business casual, I wore slacks and a tie. You're in the home stretch from here out.

Comment

• Just curious, can you wear glasses in the academy or is it contacts only? Thanks!

Comment

• think contacts. I had to get retrofitted with a set.

Comment

• Thanks for the input guys and gals. I'm looking forward to the academy. Hopefully ill see you guys there.

Comment

• Originally posted by scvmg View Post
                think contacts. I had to get retrofitted with a set.
                Ahhh. Got it. I gotta figure something out then. I have astigmatism and contacts irritate my eyes and give me headaches. Even the specially designed ones for astigmatism. Crap.

Thanks for the response!

Comment

• I had my home visit today, it was very informative and went very well. My detective intends to get me into the March academy. Anyone else on here in the same boat? Good luck ladies and gentlemen.

Comment

• Originally posted by 0331Grunt View Post
                    I had my home visit today, it was very informative and went very well. My detective intends to get me into the March academy. Anyone else on here in the same boat? Good luck ladies and gentlemen.
                    in the same boat, waiting on the March academy as well, as far as I know. home visit was in October.

Comment

• Awesome! Hopefully ill see you there brother.

Comment

• well, my new BI that I didn't know I had, just informed me that my packet is going to the sergeant's desk today for review. I will know if I am in for a St. Paddy's Day Academy start with RSO next week....

good luck guys, looks like it's going to get moving a lot more.

Train hard but smart, learn the codes and learn the ethics.

Comment

• word from inside the dept is that the March academy is the last due to budget cuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by LT Morone View Post
                            word from inside the dept is that the March academy is the last due to budget cuts.
                            Thanks for the heads up.

I take it you mean that March will be the last academy of the entire year. Yeah?

Anyone else hear this? (I was going to take the written soon, but I don't want to do a start/stop kind of a process. I'd rather wait. Thought they were trying to hire 500+ in the next few years. Heard that from one of the deputies about a month or so ago. Sounded like they had the financial backing for it. Oh well...)

Comment

• Going for a PAT 3 next Tuesday at 0900. Recovering from a calf strain from 2.5 weeks ago doing sprint drills, so hopefully I can get under 11 min again on the run. See all you out there...

Comment

• Originally posted by scvmg View Post
                                Going for a PAT 3 next Tuesday at 0900. Recovering from a calf strain from 2.5 weeks ago doing sprint drills, so hopefully I can get under 11 min again on the run. See all you out there...
                                Hey scvmg, haven't been on here in forever it seems. Looks like I will be seeing you at the PAT on Tuesday. I got scheduled for it too. Wanna private message each other's numbers by any chance so we can text instead? Should be much faster and seems like a good idea, since we seem to be on almost identical boats at this point.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6401 users online. 275 members and 6126 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X