Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riverside County Hiring DST's

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Shadowbrd View Post
    Well, I have my home visit tomorrow morning. I will see how that goes and what they tell me. Hopefully they have a little bit more information about a timetable and things of that sort. I will let you know if I have any updates of interest to you scvmg
    How'd it go?

    Comment


    • Hey guys, I might have to pull out of the process because of work.

      How long would I have to wait to reapply and who do I contact to take my name off the list?

      I have not submitted my BI packet yet. It is due this following month.

      Comment


      • scvmg,,,

        It went well. It was pretty casual as you said. Very informative meeting though. He went over what to expect from now on...what I will need for the academy, the housing on campus, what I would be doing after the academy. He also went into detail about how my schedule would look like after I graduate and what I would be doing. He seemed confident that my file would be approved by the chief. Said he would complete my file by the first week of December, and after that it is a waiting game for hiring meetings. He said he would give me a call when he had the hiring meeting with chief and would let me know what happened. HR would not give the official call until about 3 weeks before the academy. He once again told me that the tentative date is March 17, barring any budget difficulties and any other set back that would push the date back. So if all goes as planned, less than 4 months to go...

        Comment


        • LiveLocLaugh,

          I know they will allow you to retake the test three months after your first attempt, but I dont know if it is different if you withdraw from the process. I would just give Riverside County Sheriff Human Resources a call.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Shadowbrd View Post
            scvmg,,,

            It went well. It was pretty casual as you said. Very informative meeting though. He went over what to expect from now on...what I will need for the academy, the housing on campus, what I would be doing after the academy. He also went into detail about how my schedule would look like after I graduate and what I would be doing. He seemed confident that my file would be approved by the chief. Said he would complete my file by the first week of December, and after that it is a waiting game for hiring meetings. He said he would give me a call when he had the hiring meeting with chief and would let me know what happened. HR would not give the official call until about 3 weeks before the academy. He once again told me that the tentative date is March 17, barring any budget difficulties and any other set back that would push the date back. So if all goes as planned, less than 4 months to go...
            Glad to hear was a good meeting. March was what was mentioned, but the date he didn't say, cause it wasn't known yet. Think it was mentioned on here a few weeks ago, but he did say he would call me as well if/when the hiring meeting took place and whats up with it, he wanted the the credit for bringing on the recruits lol. It's still been faster than other processes I've gone through. I wouldn't be surprised if we are asked to do another PAT in February.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LiveLocLaugh View Post
              Hey guys, I might have to pull out of the process because of work.

              How long would I have to wait to reapply and who do I contact to take my name off the list?

              I have not submitted my BI packet yet. It is due this following month.
              Your test is valid for one year. After that year, you have to re-test. If you reapply within the same year then you will just start the process with that test score.

              Comment


              • Good news! I was able to take sometime off work so I was able to complete most of my paperwork. I do have some questions regards to the packet.

                Anyone kind enough to PM me his/her number? I want to text and ask a few questions about the packet. I don't go on forum as much anymore that's why I was wondering if anyone could text me . Much appreciated

                Comment


                • those of you have complete the personal history statement, on the driving history portion - how far back does it ask for citations?

                  Comment


                  • @Lucy87--

                    list all your citations and accidents from when you started driving. they will find out anyways, but it's best to put down all of it, to the best of your memory.

                    Comment


                    • @scvmg,

                      thank you. i know that, but there is a specific time period on the personal history statement that it asks you for.

                      Comment


                      • I just received a non-select letter! WTF! my second NS letter, I just dont get it.... I got all the way through to Poly and my tech said i passed.....guess its just not my time yet...Good luck guys keep pushing and dont give up. I have to wait 6 months to re-apply.

                        Comment


                        • What are the cost when joining the academy?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jluisbarriga View Post
                            What are the cost when joining the academy?
                            http://www.mvcsp.com/law/Basic%20Aca...0Breakdown.pdf

                            Comment


                            • how long does it usually take to hear back from psych? I was told 2-3 days but it's been over a week. Are you usually informed you passed or are you just contacted for medical?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sweet_Bee View Post
                                how long does it usually take to hear back from psych? I was told 2-3 days but it's been over a week. Are you usually informed you passed or are you just contacted for medical?
                                I didnt find out I passed psych for about 3 weeks, and ended up doing medical before I knew I passed. After I passed, I had to do the pat2, then the home visit.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10166 users online. 444 members and 9722 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X