X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @scvmg

Yes sir

Comment

• I had the pleasure of becoming good friends with scvmg after recruiting him to a local crossfit gym and doing workouts with him. If I may suggest, join a crossfit gym to prepare yourself for the academy. It is indeed expensive, but after 8 months of crossfitting, I took a physical agility test with PRs and had plenty of energy left to spare for a round 2 if necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveLocLaugh View Post
        Your advice came very handy today. I tried to give myself enough time to answer each question. Somehow I had to cram the last 20 questions in less than 35 sec, so I had guess the last few. Luckily, I was able to answer the last question at the last second before I was booted out.

I have my PAT on the 19th.

It seems as though not too many people are testing. Is riverside still hiring a lot?
        Congrats on passing. I think they schedule only a certain amount of people for each test. They have multiple locations for the tests. When I took it, there was only like 40 seats in the room. A friend of mine is taking his test and if he passes they are doing the PAT right after.

Comment

• @warrior thanks man. Good luck to your friend

Comment

• Still waiting, waiting, waiting...hearing nothing makes it even more difficult to be patient. I wish we at least knew more concrete information and not just "maybes" as far as offers, academy dates, etc....

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowbrd View Post
              Still waiting, waiting, waiting...hearing nothing makes it even more difficult to be patient. I wish we at least knew more concrete information and not just "maybes" as far as offers, academy dates, etc....
              I know the feeling well.

Comment

• I have my home visit on the 22nd of this month. Any last minute suggestions? About what I should do/talk about/what questions to ask...

Comment

I have my home visit on the 22nd of this month. Any last minute suggestions? About what I should do/talk about/what questions to ask...
                  Do dress decently... I wore a collard shirt, tie, slacks and polished up the shoes. They went through each room in my house, so I made sure each was cleaned up neat as possible the day before and that morning again. they will go over the academy stuff, talk to any spouses, what to expect from this point on, and just to be completely prepared (physically and mentally) for the time the call comes in. I asked about time for jail service to patrol school, the first day at the academy (which I got a fairly good laugh from), the housing on campus thing, how to move up in rank with time, retirement, etc. It is a casual meeting, but don't get too casual or stiff, you still want to make a good impression.

Comment

• Originally posted by scvmg View Post
                    Do dress decently... I wore a collard shirt, tie, slacks and polished up the shoes. They went through each room in my house, so I made sure each was cleaned up neat as possible the day before and that morning again. they will go over the academy stuff, talk to any spouses, what to expect from this point on, and just to be completely prepared (physically and mentally) for the time the call comes in. I asked about time for jail service to patrol school, the first day at the academy (which I got a fairly good laugh from), the housing on campus thing, how to move up in rank with time, retirement, etc. It is a casual meeting, but don't get too casual or stiff, you still want to make a good impression.
                    Thanks for the info scvmg. What was it about the first day at the academy?

Comment

Thanks for the info scvmg. What was it about the first day at the academy?
                      dont know for sure, didnt go into great detail, they just said be ready. Im guessing crazy.

Comment

• Hey guys,

If my PAT is tomorrow, when should I expect my oral board then my BI interview?

Comment

Hey guys,

If my PAT is tomorrow, when should I expect my oral board then my BI interview?
                          How did you do at the PAT? There wasnt any oral board, just the background interview, poly, psych, medical, PAT 2 and home visit for my process.

Comment

• Originally posted by scvmg View Post
                            How did you do at the PAT? There wasnt any oral board, just the background interview, poly, psych, medical, PAT 2 and home visit for my process.
                            Everything went great.

There was a lot more people than I expected. Right around 500 easily

Comment

Everything went great.

There was a lot more people than I expected. Right around 500 easily
                              just a few people then but that does sound about right, maybe 300 at mine though, broken into 3 groups. Quite a few didn't qualify on the pu's and su's.

Now the fun stuff starts, but it goes quickly. RSO doesn't mess around with the testing.

Comment

• Well, I have my home visit tomorrow morning. I will see how that goes and what they tell me. Hopefully they have a little bit more information about a timetable and things of that sort. I will let you know if I have any updates of interest to you scvmg

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4993 users online. 232 members and 4761 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X