300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scvmg View Post
    yep, you find out right then and there and if you pass, you get the PAT test date.
    Thank you
    Last edited by LiveLocLaugh; 10-25-2013, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveLocLaugh View Post
      Thank you
      One thing, make sure you answer ALL the vocabulary questions. I had a buddy bomb the test because he only answered 60 of them. after that, it's a personality test so be consistent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowbrd View Post
        Thanks scvmg! Same to you

Where do I find the 11 codes? I did some work with LASD in the past and to my knowledge they did not have 11 codes.

Also, what did the home visit consist of? What do they check? What do they talk to you about? What do they talk to your family about?

Thanks for any info!
        Shadowbrd. Here is the BCTC academy study guide I found online that may help.

http://www.mvcsp.com/law/Information...dy%20Guide.pdf
        Last edited by Warrior09; 10-26-2013, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Good luck 192...

Comment

• Originally posted by Warrior09 View Post
            Shadowbrd. Here is the BCTC academy study guide I found online that may help.

http://www.mvcsp.com/law/Information...dy%20Guide.pdf
            Thank you so much Warrior09! This should definitely help out a lot! How is your process going?

Comment

look up the riverside county 10 / 11 codes in google, or go here. i have the lasd codes as well, and have participated in their pre-academy; they are not using 11's, and the 10 codes dont always match, some do, but not much.

The home visit was more casual than I thought, but dress with a shirt and tie (a piece of advice given to me from here). They just walk through the house and see if its cleaned and organized, speak with your wife (separately) about what to expect from how we are going to change and stress levels, and talk about the academy life and the career after. I found it very informative, and they gave me straight up answers about it, answered any questions. I am on the older side too, so they were explaining to me what paths I should consider, but were positive about my going in, and told me to keep the workouts up even more.
              scvmg, have you heard anything new/any updates? And did you see the studyguide Warrior09 posted? Looks really helpful

Comment

• Nope, nothing yet. I did download the study guide warrior09 put up, has alot more info than the guide I received at PAT2 in July.

Comment

Thank you so much Warrior09! This should definitely help out a lot! How is your process going?
                  I applied a few years back but it was right when the dept had a budget crisis so I never made it through the process. I'm applying again soon.. Glad I could help you guys. Sounds like you guys are pretty close to victory. Good luck hopefully you will be in the next academy. Sounds like the next one is scheduled some time in March 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warrior09 View Post
                    I applied a few years back but it was right when the dept had a budget crisis so I never made it through the process. I'm applying again soon.. Glad I could help you guys. Sounds like you guys are pretty close to victory. Good luck hopefully you will be in the next academy. Sounds like the next one is scheduled some time in March 2014.
                    the pdf booklet helped quite a bit, thanks for getting that.

hmmm March... plenty of time to get in shape then.

Comment

• I talked to my background investigator on Monday, and he said it looks like the next academy is probably going to be scheduled for March 17th.

scvmg did your background investigator tell you something different?

Comment

I talked to my background investigator on Monday, and he said it looks like the next academy is probably going to be scheduled for March 17th.

scvmg did your background investigator tell you something different?
                        nothing as definitive as that set date, but more along the lines of maybe January or February, but it wasn't really anything to go on at all when I had my home visit the beginning of the month. I do remember back when I did the first PAT, on March 16 of this year, that there was an academy that had just started, beginning of March. Seems to be the normal planning pattern I guess. It is possible we could get picked up ahead of schedule and do office work before hand, I have heard of that happening....

Comment

• It's weird cause they also started one in June so it seemed like they were doing it every three months but did not start 192 until late October, 4 1/2 months later. I guess a March date would end up fitting with that 4 1/2 month time frame

I've also heard of the office work but don't know how often it happens or how likely it is

Comment

the pdf booklet helped quite a bit, thanks for getting that.

hmmm March... plenty of time to get in shape then.
                            Yeah I got a lot of info off of it too. Knowing what's expected is a plus for when I do start the process.
                            There is a "Wellness" (PT) class that starts on the 26th of this month and another one in Jan. that end in march, perfect timing for the academy. It will be a good one to get into academy shape and/or stay in shape.
                            http://www.mvcsp.com/law/Classes/Int...0Students.aspx
                            I was thinking about taking it and the Pre-Acamdey class. Seems like they will both be very helpful for testing and PT in the process as well as in the academy.
                            Last edited by Warrior09; 10-29-2013, 02:48 PM.

Comment

One thing, make sure you answer ALL the vocabulary questions. I had a buddy bomb the test because he only answered 60 of them. after that, it's a personality test so be consistent.
                              Your advice came very handy today. I tried to give myself enough time to answer each question. Somehow I had to cram the last 20 questions in less than 35 sec, so I had guess the last few. Luckily, I was able to answer the last question at the last second before I was booted out.

I have my PAT on the 19th.

It seems as though not too many people are testing. Is riverside still hiring a lot?

Comment

• they are still hiring, how many I dont know. the PAT will have quite a few people at it, just make sure you crank out the exercises in it well past the minimums with good form.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9670 users online. 395 members and 9275 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X