300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dzan View Post
    Also, where did everyone get the "8 inch" from. The paperwork I got didn't specify anything like that??
    Dzan, you're right, it doesn't say anything about 8 inch. So you should be good with a 6 or 8 inch boot. I wouldn't get anything shorter than an 6 inch boot because it really wouldn't be a boot at that point. Also, for whoever asked about the side zip; I didn't see any prohibition on side zips in the instructions.

Has anyone from 192 picked up their uniform items from Galls yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleD View Post
      Dzan, you're right, it doesn't say anything about 8 inch. So you should be good with a 6 or 8 inch boot. I wouldn't get anything shorter than an 6 inch boot because it really wouldn't be a boot at that point. Also, for whoever asked about the side zip; I didn't see any prohibition on side zips in the instructions.

Has anyone from 192 picked up their uniform items from Galls yet?
      Ya, I hope not. Because I went and bought the Bates Ultra Light with a side zip earlier today.

Comment

• Can someone please post/pm the address/location of the polygraph location in Downtown?

My mistake, lost the sheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by avici_183 View Post
          Can someone please post/pm the address/location of the polygraph location in Downtown?

My mistake, lost the sheet.
          I don't have it anymore, but it's at the same place the written test is.

Comment

• 1115 spruce st. 92507

Comment

• thanks for the post Hec_17 !

@dzan: the written was at BCTC (mine was)... they don't poly there.

Anyone know of any other locations? (excluding indio office)

Would like to be double sure!

Comment

• Originally posted by avici_183 View Post
                thanks for the post Hec_17 !

@dzan: the written was at BCTC (mine was)... they don't poly there.

Anyone know of any other locations? (excluding indio office)

Would like to be double sure!
                Oh, ok. Sorry. They must have changed the written test locations.

Comment

• the written test is taken at more than one location. BCTC is just one location, my friend took his there (and bombed it no less). the polygraphs from what I know are conducted at the location where hec_17 said. I would contact your assigned BI directly about your polygraph appointment, best way to clear it up.
                  Last edited by scvmg; 10-13-2013, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Hey everyone-

I'm brand new to this and well, mostly I have just been reading and keeping up with everyone's new updates and finally decided to post. I just received an email from my background investigator saying that I passed my medical and that I am slotted for the next academy coming up sometime after the 1st of the year. Also, he is going to schedule a home visit with me as soon as he receives most of my reference letters. Any advice for me for the rest of the way?

Also, has anyone heard anything about when the next coming up academy will be?

Thanks in advanced!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowbrd View Post
                      Hey everyone-

I'm brand new to this and well, mostly I have just been reading and keeping up with everyone's new updates and finally decided to post. I just received an email from my background investigator saying that I passed my medical and that I am slotted for the next academy coming up sometime after the 1st of the year. Also, he is going to schedule a home visit with me as soon as he receives most of my reference letters. Any advice for me for the rest of the way?

Also, has anyone heard anything about when the next coming up academy will be?

Thanks in advanced!
                      Congrats... looks like we are in the same boat in terms of the next academy, but I have about as much info on it as you do, that it will be early next year; guessing sometime in January or February. My advice is to just keep up with your workout routine and not slacking on it, get your 10 / 11 codes down and memorize the complete ethics paragraph and phonetic alphabet.

Comment

• Originally posted by scvmg View Post
                        Congrats... looks like we are in the same boat in terms of the next academy, but I have about as much info on it as you do, that it will be early next year; guessing sometime in January or February. My advice is to just keep up with your workout routine and not slacking on it, get your 10 / 11 codes down and memorize the complete ethics paragraph and phonetic alphabet.
                        Thanks scvmg! Same to you

Where do I find the 11 codes? I did some work with LASD in the past and to my knowledge they did not have 11 codes.

Also, what did the home visit consist of? What do they check? What do they talk to you about? What do they talk to your family about?

Thanks for any info!

Comment

• look up the riverside county 10 / 11 codes in google, or go here. i have the lasd codes as well, and have participated in their pre-academy; they are not using 11's, and the 10 codes dont always match, some do, but not much.

The home visit was more casual than I thought, but dress with a shirt and tie (a piece of advice given to me from here). They just walk through the house and see if its cleaned and organized, speak with your wife (separately) about what to expect from how we are going to change and stress levels, and talk about the academy life and the career after. I found it very informative, and they gave me straight up answers about it, answered any questions. I am on the older side too, so they were explaining to me what paths I should consider, but were positive about my going in, and told me to keep the workouts up even more.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleD View Post
                            Dzan, you're right, it doesn't say anything about 8 inch. So you should be good with a 6 or 8 inch boot. I wouldn't get anything shorter than an 6 inch boot because it really wouldn't be a boot at that point.
                            Future class attendees, after going through the hiring meetings and seeing the required dress, my advice is to go with an 8 inch boot. Recruits are required to blouse their boots, so a 6 inch boot is not ideal for that. Most folks I spoke with went with Bates, which is a safe bet. There are some brands that you can get a higher shine out of, such as Rocky. Bates are a good choice considering the price, quality and fit. Eventually you'll want to get 1 or 2 additional pair.
                            Last edited by TripleD; 10-22-2013, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Hey guys, I just signed up to take my written next Wednesday. Do I find out the same day whether or not I pass the written?

Comment

• yep, you find out right then and there and if you pass, you get the PAT test date.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10191 users online. 391 members and 9800 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X