Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the letter state any reasoning for the "no thanks," or just the vague "background" reasons?

Comment

met with my BI on Monday.. he said he'll call me on Monday of next week to schedule my polygraph since the polygraph department were out of office for like the whole week. took my picture and went over my packet and all during my meeting with my BI. another process, one step at a time, lets keep it rolling. awakening, any specific reason why you got the letter?

Comment

Passed my PAT today. told to pick up my packet monday.

Comment

Originally posted by convex View Post
          met with my BI on Monday.. he said he'll call me on Monday of next week to schedule my polygraph since the polygraph department were out of office for like the whole week. took my picture and went over my packet and all during my meeting with my BI. another process, one step at a time, lets keep it rolling. awakening, any specific reason why you got the letter?
          No reason given

Comment

Did your BI give you a chance to appeal?

Comment

Originally posted by AngelsFan View Post
              Did your BI give you a chance to appeal?
              You can't appeal a non-select.

Comment

Just received the thank you but no thank you letter today as well. Caught me by surprise. I had a good interview with my BI and everything but noticed he didn't schedule me a polygraph date and told me he will call me back within a week. He never did and I called him to remind him and he therefore said he'll call me within the next week. Didn't get a call. Letter comes next week.

Comment

Weird...I've recognized most people on this thread from other threads, seems like both of you that got a non-select are squared away. Last I heard about RSO is they are supposed to have a pretty decent sized hiring push for the July academy. I wonder why they seem to be a little more "picky."

Comment

Anybody JUST NOW in the process of scheduling a test date? Seems like they still don't have any available test dates on the calender.

Comment

• Test date now available. Check the calender and schedule for those interested. Good thing I check that calender nearly every couple of hours... even on a Sunday. Persistence paid off.

Comment

• Has anyone on O.com been through the RSO academy? If so, what was your experience like? Typical day like? How far do you usually PT? Anything will be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

• I went through 13 years ago, so I can't really say what the current academy climate is today. However, I can tell you it must be easier based on the recruits coming out to patrol. Also, the fact that recruits can have water bottles, don't have to do push-ups on the asphalt, and are allowed to sit if they fell "over-stressed" indicates it's easier. Academics is stressed more with RSO than anything else. Heck, SBSO's explorer academy was more stressful than the RSO basic. As long as you can run and understand the material presented, you should not have an issue.

Comment

• went through BCTC 2008 (CD) thats when DST academies were rolling fat like 110-125 a class. I remember DST's and CD's pushing in the parking lots (asphlat) and you think water bottles were bad then? ha now they all rock "camelbacks" ha ha. I never saw the whole "over stressed" thing.

Its all what you make it, I've seen some dumb people from all kinda academies. And if people want to get pushed to their limits join the Marines instead, I get tired of people always saying this academy is hard or easy. just my 0.02 Good luck to all!

Comment

• Does RCSD accept LASD academy grads? I know OCSD doesn't accept any other grads. Is Riverside the same way?

Comment

• I just read that The Riverside Sheriff's Association Union and Riverside County tentatively agreed about a week ago, on a four-year contract that implements a second tier pension of 2 % 50. In addition, employees pay the full 9 % contribution! BUMMER!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8290 users online. 426 members and 7864 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X