Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Tyme, I was just looking at the Danners on amazon. Right now they're not quite 100 off, but the price is better than LA Police Gear, Galls or the Danner site. Thanks for the suggestion.

As far as the firearm, does anyone know if you buy it through the Dept so you can get a discounted rate, high cap mags and non CA compliant models? I have the Sig 229, but I don't want to carry it for duty weapon. I'm looking at the Glock 22 Gen 4, which is not available to non LEOs in CA. Otherwise, I'll just go with the Gen 3.

Comment

• Contact Pro Force in Brea. They may work something out with you (ID required for entry). They have a lot of Glocks in stock. As far as I know, RSO does not offer firearms at the academy store.
      The Thousandth Man

Comment

• just got the home visit scheduled for next Tuesday the 8th. I know this has been asked before, but what should I expect? do they take a tour of the house or just hang in the front room, etc.?

Comment

• Originally posted by scvmg View Post
          just got the home visit scheduled for next Tuesday the 8th. I know this has been asked before, but what should I expect? do they take a tour of the house or just hang in the front room, etc.?
          Nice! It's a very casual conversation, nothing to worry about.
          They just asked to see my room. I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone else.

Comment

• Does anyone know if we are allowed to use boots that have a side zip? All I know is that we must have 8 inch boots.

Comment

• I'm hearing crickets on here..... Has anyone who was at the recent 2nd or 3rd PAT heard anything regarding a final offer? I know some already had offers in hand. Barring that, seems like the majority of the class hasn't been filled yet. Seems like its getting late in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleD View Post
                I'm hearing crickets on here..... Has anyone who was at the recent 2nd or 3rd PAT heard anything regarding a final offer? I know some already had offers in hand. Barring that, seems like the majority of the class hasn't been filled yet. Seems like its getting late in the game.
                Hopefully, we'll hear something this week.

Comment

I'm hearing crickets on here..... Has anyone who was at the recent 2nd or 3rd PAT heard anything regarding a final offer? I know some already had offers in hand. Barring that, seems like the majority of the class hasn't been filled yet. Seems like its getting late in the game.
                  Hopefully we will... it seems like they are going to be giving out calls o everyone around the same time (or at least that is what I'm guessing).

If anybody knows any information please post, the waiting is driving me nuts lol

Comment

Im doing a home visit on Tuesday, so it will be seriously cutting it close if that call comes in, but I'll do what is needed.

Comment

• They are having a hiring meeting this Friday, I believe which will determine most of the class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haymaker11 View Post
                        They are having a hiring meeting this Friday, I believe which will determine most of the class.
                        Thanks for the info!! Did you hear that from your BI???

Comment

• Its what they told us at the last PAT.

Comment

• Ladies and Gents, got the word today that the Chief approved me for hire! Official word will come from HR in the next couple of days. As previously stated, I'm sure the calls will continue to roll out over the next week, to week and a half.

192 (?) here we come.

Comment

Ladies and Gents, got the word today that the Chief approved me for hire! Official word will come from HR in the next couple of days. As previously stated, I'm sure the calls will continue to roll out over the next week, to week and a half.

192 (?) here we come.
                              Congrats!!

Official calls from HR should be coming in by next week. They have to give us at least a 2-week prior notice so we could inform our employers.

Comment

• Originally posted by hec_17 View Post
                                Congrats!!

Official calls from HR should be coming in by next week. They have to give us at least a 2-week prior notice so we could inform our employers.
                                Ya, its interesting to ponder who I'll tender my notice to. All of our HR staff were given 2 hours to leave yesterday and are currently furloughed.... pretty crappy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9034 users online. 214 members and 8820 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X