Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riverside County Hiring DST's

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by matt3043291 View Post
    North Carolina. I wanted to lateral but didn't have enough time to complete everything that CA POST wanted me to do (extra training, certs, challenge tests, ect.). I'm not super excited about another academy but it's a ticket for me to move back to CA and continue a LE career, so it's worth it to me.
    Yeah I'm in Massachusetts and luckily I got my waiver without any extra hours or anything. I'm I'm backgrounds now as a lateral. I'm interviewing and testing with several other departments in SD and Riverside county as a lateral as well.

    Comment


    • Hi everybody!

      I will take the written exam this coming Wed. Just wondering if any of you know how many reference(s) do we need in our background check?

      Comment


      • Also, if we pass the written exam, do we know right away or will the dept. notify us in the mail?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by csauce777 View Post
          Yeah I'm in Massachusetts and luckily I got my waiver without any extra hours or anything. I'm I'm backgrounds now as a lateral. I'm interviewing and testing with several other departments in SD and Riverside county as a lateral as well.
          Nice, good luck to you. Do you have a preference of those departments?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by matt3043291 View Post
            Nice, good luck to you. Do you have a preference of those departments?
            I like RSO, but if I get an offer with a decent city department and can avoid years in the jail or court, I'll likely take it. I'm not above the jail or courts, but I've worked the jail here, and I have considerable specialty training that I'd like to put to use sooner rather than later. But it seems RSO is a great agency and I would be blessed to get on there too, so no complaints.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JClowbalin View Post

              I will take the written exam this coming Wed. Just wondering if any of you know how many reference(s) do we need in our background check?
              You need to list 10 people that you know well.


              Originally posted by JClowbalin View Post
              Also, if we pass the written exam, do we know right away or will the dept. notify us in the mail?
              You will get the result right after the exam and they will give you the PAT date.

              Comment


              • Congrats to everyone who passed the PFT 2, or 3 for that matter, yesterday!

                The boot camp style academy will be great ) Did anyone catch what style of boot is acceptable. I don't think it's been mentioned up to this point. For example, do they allow you to have a 6 inch boot, or does it need to be an 8 inch boot. It's a given that it must have a black leather toe that can be shined, often.

                Comment


                • Got my interview with my BI coming up! I was not expecting the process to be going so quickly. (This is a good thing though).

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TripleD View Post
                    Congrats to everyone who passed the PFT 2, or 3 for that matter, yesterday!

                    The boot camp style academy will be great ) Did anyone catch what style of boot is acceptable. I don't think it's been mentioned up to this point. For example, do they allow you to have a 6 inch boot, or does it need to be an 8 inch boot. It's a given that it must have a black leather toe that can be shined, often.
                    8 inch boots are required for male recruits. Also, try to stay away from soft leather boots, they do not get a high shine..

                    Comment


                    • Thanks Joey,

                      Just saw that you asked the same question. What boot did you go with? I'm considering the Danner Acadia, but I don't know if I want to drop 300 bones on a boot that will get messed up. The flip side is that those boots will last a decade or more since you can re sole them.

                      Comment


                      • It's all about preference, I went with bates. My strongest advise is make the investment into this career.. If you want danner get them.. Also, if you do not have an RSO approved handgun, start saving now.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JoeyB82 View Post
                          It's all about preference, I went with bates. My strongest advise is make the investment into this career.. If you want danner get them.. Also, if you do not have an RSO approved handgun, start saving now.
                          I have a pair of the Bates Ultra Lights 8 inch right now and love them. They are a bit cheaper, very comfortable, light and have a side zip. For me, they usually last me a year at most but I can't find another boot that is more comfortable. They also clean up nicely with a good spit shine. I will be buying a new pair for the academy for sure.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by matt3043291 View Post
                            I have a pair of the Bates Ultra Lights 8 inch right now and love them. They are a bit cheaper, very comfortable, light and have a side zip. For me, they usually last me a year at most but I can't find another boot that is more comfortable. They also clean up nicely with a good spit shine. I will be buying a new pair for the academy for sure.
                            I was looking into getting these. They hold a good shine right?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by hec_17 View Post
                              I was looking into getting these. They hold a good shine right?
                              They definitely do if you get a good base of polish on there. Out of the box, it usually takes me 8 to 10 coats to get them shiny and a good reflection going.

                              Comment


                              • If you're going with Danners, look on Amazon. They often have considerable discounts and may have your size for $100 less.
                                The Thousandth Man

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9817 users online. 469 members and 9348 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X