300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1tyme View Post
    I believe it's nine years of sworn service or six years and a Bachelor's. I don't know if it's changed, however.
    Thank you very much for the valuable information!

Comment

• Anybody else get scheduled for another PAT??

I have already taken the 2nd PAT, and just got an email for another one on Tuesday the 24th.

Comment

• Hey guys -
        The 2nd PAT is a baseline before you go through the academy. They want you to improve on your run times as you progress through the academy. Also, they are going to see if you have improved your 1.5mile run, push-ups and sit-ups since your very first PAT. It's to be sure you have been keeping in shape when you were in the background process and not getting lazy. All the BIs will be out there watching and paying attention to everyone's demeanor.

Comment

• Originally posted by dzan View Post
          Anybody else get scheduled for another PAT??

I have already taken the 2nd PAT, and just got an email for another one on Tuesday the 24th.
          Same here. I'm confused since I thought there were only two PATs. I guess there's another meeting afterwards too.

Comment

• yes it can be possible that theyll be a third PAT. A buddy of mine had to get a second live scan after he passed medical and psych and the second time around was for DST when he went through the process for CD. The county can do whatever thay want whenever they want.

Comment

• Has anyone that did the written May 28th moved onto the psych yet?

Comment

Anybody else get scheduled for another PAT??

Nope, still waiting on the home visit, so I'll be missing this one, and the next academy. You'll do fine, I do remember my BI saying there would be a third PAT in late September. You'll do fine, just put the numbers up you did or better on PAT II .

Comment

• Oh Ok. I thought maybe I had to do a third one because of my run time.

My push and sit ups were good numbers like 62 push ups and 38 sit ups, but my run was just over 12:00 like 12:05 or something around there.

I know they said they'd like to see it under 12:00, so I thought the 3rd PAT was for people in my boat.

Always been a weight lifter but never a runner

Comment

Oh Ok. I thought maybe I had to do a third one because of my run time.

My push and sit ups were good numbers like 62 push ups and 38 sit ups, but my run was just over 12:00 like 12:05 or something around there.

I know they said they'd like to see it under 12:00, so I thought the 3rd PAT was for people in my boat.

Always been a weight lifter but never a runner
                    No, you're good
                    I did 58 push ups, 34 sit ups, and my run was 10:30-something.

Comment

• Originally posted by hec_17 View Post
                      My BI just told me that I have been approved by the 'Chief'!
                      Looks like I'll be heading into the Oct academy!
                      Looks like I'll be joining you. Got the call this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt3043291 View Post
                        Nice!!!

Was this the official call or your BI just telling you you were approved?

You going to the 3rd PAT next week?

Comment

Nice!!!

Was this the official call or your BI just telling you you were approved?

You going to the 3rd PAT next week?
                          It was the BI followed shortly by the official. No one mentioned doing a 3rd PAT but that may be because I live on the east coast! I was just told to be there on October 17th for orientation and paperwork.

Comment

It was the BI followed shortly by the official. No one mentioned doing a 3rd PAT but that may be because I live on the east coast! I was just told to be there on October 17th for orientation and paperwork.
                            Matt,

Where on the east coast? Are you a lateral or trainee?

Comment

• Originally posted by csauce777 View Post
                              Matt,

Where on the east coast? Are you a lateral or trainee?
                              North Carolina. I wanted to lateral but didn't have enough time to complete everything that CA POST wanted me to do (extra training, certs, challenge tests, ect.). I'm not super excited about another academy but it's a ticket for me to move back to CA and continue a LE career, so it's worth it to me.

Comment

Nice. Congrats!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11614 users online. 458 members and 11156 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X