300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hec_17 View Post
    That is the number of spots they have to fill. I've been told that only a handful have been filled so far.
    Interesting , so they have filled a few spots already then huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by mebesteve View Post
      Interesting , so they have filled a few spots already then huh?
      Yeah, that's what my BI told me 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Hey fellas. I'm confused.

Has anyone confirmed if the Oct. 28 academy was pushed back to November 4, or are they doing the Oct one, AND ALSO trying to fill a November one for the East side of the county???

Any one know for certain? Although it doesn't really matter I'm just curious. Because I know they added an extra correctional deputy one in.

I guess the first person to get officially hired will let us know please lol.

Comment

• thats how it will work brother. Its all about the waiting game lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by dzan View Post
            Hey fellas. I'm confused.

Has anyone confirmed if the Oct. 28 academy was pushed back to November 4, or are they doing the Oct one, AND ALSO trying to fill a November one for the East side of the county???

Any one know for certain? Although it doesn't really matter I'm just curious. Because I know they added an extra correctional deputy one in.

I guess the first person to get officially hired will let us know please lol.
            When I was out there at the beginning of the month (around the 7th) they were saying October 28th. Have you heard November was the date since then?

Also, have any of you on here been told that everyone goes straight to corrections out of the academy? If so, for how long typically?
            Last edited by matt3043291; 08-31-2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt3043291 View Post
              When I was out there at the beginning of the month (around the 7th) they were saying October 28th. Have you heard November was the date since then?

Also, have any of you on here been told that everyone goes straight to corrections out of the academy? If so, for how long typically?
              Everyone will more than likely go to detentions out of the academy. There have been some who have gone straight to patrol, mostly in the desert. The stay in detentions isn't long compared to other Southern CA Sheriff's depts. For example with Orange County, its upwards of 6 to 8 years. With LA County is varies a lot, factoring where you're willing to work, and the new dual career track for Deps will change how quickly one goes to patrol with LA.

Just spoke to a RSO Dep working courts out of the Southwest, who stated that he did a year in the jail, about 2 in courts services and his number will be called soon for patrol. You'll get a lot of skills working jails and court services, which will make you a better Dep for sure. You'll learn how to talk to folks more effectively to gain voluntary compliance and deescalate situations. Regardless of how bad *** someone in law enforcement thinks they are, they're always someone that get the better of you or can get the drop on you. It's all about you and your fellow Deps going home at the end of the shift.

Comment

• Hey I'm considering a number of SDs including Riverside, though they seem to mostly patrol the "unincorporated" areas of the county. Does that mean that the sheriffs deputies do most of their work in rural, suburban and highway environments?

Comment

• "Unincorporated" means you can kiss off deuces and TC's to CHP, tell arrestees to pound sand and avoid having to explain spikes in crime to a city council. Nah, just kidding. RSO patrols beats as remote as Idyllwild and ghettos like Rubidoux and Hemet. "City" beats would be more akin to places like Eastvale, Moreno Valley and Palm Desert.
                  The Thousandth Man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1tyme View Post
                    "Unincorporated" means you can kiss off deuces and TC's to CHP, tell arrestees to pound sand and avoid having to explain spikes in crime to a city council. Nah, just kidding. RSO patrols beats as remote as Idyllwild and ghettos like Rubidoux and Hemet. "City" beats would be more akin to places like Eastvale, Moreno Valley and Palm Desert.

Word ^^^^^^^^

Comment

• Even certified laterals are often going to Jails/courts upon hire.

Comment

• My BI just told me that I have been approved by the 'Chief'!
                        Looks like I'll be heading into the Oct academy!

Comment

My BI just told me that I have been approved by the 'Chief'!
                          Congratulations! My packet is being sent up to him on Monday, so hopefully I get the same news.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt3043291 View Post
                            Congratulations! My packet is being sent up to him on Monday, so hopefully I get the same news.
                            Thanks bud! Good luck to you. I'm sure you'll get the same news.

Comment

My BI just told me that I have been approved by the 'Chief'!
                              good job bud.

Comment

• Originally posted by scvmg View Post
                                good job bud.
                                Thanks! Any word yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7631 users online. 243 members and 7388 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X