Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dzan are going as a correctional deputy or deputy sheriff trainee?

Comment

• Originally posted by 0331Grunt View Post
      dzan are going as a correctional deputy or deputy sheriff trainee?
      Deputy Sheriff Trainee

Comment

• This is getting interesting. It seems like this next academy will be amongst the most competitive to get into of the recent classes. It must be due to the size of the applicant pool and the fact they aren't currently overlapping the classes.

Does anyone know if the desire to work in Blythe is a determining factor? The Eastern portion of the county simply will not work for my family.

Comment

• Also, has anyone else recently received an email from their BI advising to turn in a weekly fitness sheet every Sunday? I really get a sense that each respective BI has to go to bat for their picks, especially for the upcoming class.

Comment

• I've been doing my sheet each Sunday, whether it is what they are looking for is unknown as I put my crossfit training in, but I think they just want to see us crank out the PUs, SUs and running best I/we can. It was sent to me and the 3 others in my Bi's group 8/7, and turned in each Sunday since. This does seem more competitive than other agencies I applied with on this end, but I think it's more to do with the unfit choices of the past that created this hiring aspect. Other agencies have the same issue with new unfit/unprepared recruits, and some are making changes similar to what RSO is doing now.

Comment

• For this next academy, I know working in the Eastern part of the county is part of it. The department goes through "spurts" where they beef up locations they are lacking. They've been hiring again now for a year and a half, and I imagine the locations on the Western part of the county were much easier to fill than Blythe (know what I mean). Doesn't mean there aren't openings there, just a lot less at the moment.

As for the PT form, I think it's just because they said so many people were having issues with the physicalness of the academy. They want to make sure applicants are excercising and ready, because what a waste of time and money to hire someone, just to have them drop out (especially if they take someone's spot in the academy that really wanted the job).

Comment

• Originally posted by dzan View Post
                For this next academy, I know working in the Eastern part of the county is part of it. The department goes through "spurts" where they beef up locations they are lacking. They've been hiring again now for a year and a half, and I imagine the locations on the Western part of the county were much easier to fill than Blythe (know what I mean). Doesn't mean there aren't openings there, just a lot less at the moment.

As for the PT form, I think it's just because they said so many people were having issues with the physicalness of the academy. They want to make sure applicants are excercising and ready, because what a waste of time and money to hire someone, just to have them drop out (especially if they take someone's spot in the academy that really wanted the job).
                Relative to dzan's topic... anyone here actually put in for BLYTHE?

Could any Deputies that have worked/current work in the jail out there talk about the schedule and what life is like out there...?

Just a good ol' suburban boy.

fixed quotes.

Comment

• I put in for wherever the Sheriff needs me. Once you go on a couple tours it doesn't matter where you live as long as you have A/C, and especially in this economy. I have a wife and two kids, my wife is 100 % backing me as long as I receive a conditional offer lol. I hope you guys put in for anything and everything as far as duty stations go. Keep in mind you can transfer later down the road.

Comment

• Grunt is right.

Blythe S U C K S though lol

Comment

Grunt is right.

haha seriously. A good thing about it though is that you get 3-4 days off a week so you have time to go home and visit family or whatever.

Comment

• could always be worse gentlemen

Comment

• when I get the home visit, I'll inform my BI i will include Blythe, or the surface of the sun, in. I really have no problem with it in the end, just want to get in the department. I had every other station in the desert selected though.

Comment

Grunt is right.

Seriously, Blythe is one of those places that you say to yourself "why the [email protected]#" is this town even here. People have choices in life.

Dzan, I think you hit the nail on the head regarding the fitness form and dire need to ensure each applicant is physically prepared for the academy. Dropping 8,10 people a class is UNSAT. The majority of those folks lack the will to win, and it has less to do with the skill to win. It takes heart for this job and it's not for everyone. Unfortunately, the form will not truly gauge that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haymaker11 View Post
                              Semper Fi!!

Poly, psych, med, home visit, and 2nd PAT are all you have left I believe. There is really not much you can do other than show up and be honest for most of those. Stay on top of your references in regards to the questionnaires. From what my BI has told me, the November academy is 50 people with very good fitness scores (sub 12min run time which should certainly not be an issue for you) and are willing to work east county, ie Blythe/Indio. I'm hoping for the Nov academy as well. If things work out, I may end up in it with my SSgt.
                              When you say the next academy is 50 people, was that how many they have ready to go as of now or is that how many slots they have to fill?

Comment

• Originally posted by matt3043291 View Post
                                When you say the next academy is 50 people, was that how many they have ready to go as of now or is that how many slots they have to fill?
                                That is the number of spots they have to fill. I've been told that only a handful have been filled so far.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9441 users online. 469 members and 8972 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X