Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They use their own test now. Not sure when they started using it but when I took it a few months ago, it was the Riverside County test.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt3043291 View Post
      They use their own test now. Not sure when they started using it but when I took it a few months ago, it was the Riverside County test.
      Thank you. I hope to be taking their written test sometime this month.

Comment

• I just spoke with my BI yesterday for the first time. I'm an out of state lateral candidate so he's planning on getting me out there for the interview, poly, psych, etc, all at once.

Comment

• Originally posted by csauce777 View Post
          I just spoke with my BI yesterday for the first time. I'm an out of state lateral candidate so he's planning on getting me out there for the interview, poly, psych, etc, all at once.
          I just finished with the out of state testing. It is a very smooth process and they really work with you. Have you obtained the post waiver yet? If so, how was the process for you? I'm still considering it.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt3043291 View Post
            I just finished with the out of state testing. It is a very smooth process and they really work with you. Have you obtained the post waiver yet? If so, how was the process for you? I'm still considering it.
            Yeah, actually the first thing I did was apply for the waiver, and made the trip out for the waiver exam, and skills assessment. I had the actual waiver in hand within a week of the assessments. Then I started applying. Provided you have all the hours POST requires, it's smooth. I submitted all of my paperwork to POST and within 2 weeks I received my letter granting my waiver pending completion of the skills and written assesments.

Comment

• Hey Gents,

I got the poly coming up and hoping to jump in the November academy class. Any advice for the rest of the process would be very much appreciated. Anyone else on here hoping to attend the academy in November?

Comment

• Originally posted by 0331Grunt View Post
                Hey Gents,

I got the poly coming up and hoping to jump in the November academy class. Any advice for the rest of the process would be very much appreciated. Anyone else on here hoping to attend the academy in November?
                Semper Fi!!

Poly, psych, med, home visit, and 2nd PAT are all you have left I believe. There is really not much you can do other than show up and be honest for most of those. Stay on top of your references in regards to the questionnaires. From what my BI has told me, the November academy is 50 people with very good fitness scores (sub 12min run time which should certainly not be an issue for you) and are willing to work east county, ie Blythe/Indio. I'm hoping for the Nov academy as well. If things work out, I may end up in it with my SSgt.

Comment

• Semper Fi brother...shoot me a PM when you get some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by 0331Grunt View Post
                    Hey Gents,

Exactly what Haymaker11 said. Just be yourself and be honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haymaker11 View Post
                      Semper Fi!!

Poly, psych, med, home visit, and 2nd PAT are all you have left I believe. There is really not much you can do other than show up and be honest for most of those. Stay on top of your references in regards to the questionnaires. From what my BI has told me, the November academy is 50 people with very good fitness scores (sub 12min run time which should certainly not be an issue for you) and are willing to work east county, ie Blythe/Indio. I'm hoping for the Nov academy as well. If things work out, I may end up in it with my SSgt.
                      How far along are you in the process? I was told that the academy starts Oct 28th. Did they change it to Nov?

Comment

• I have the home visit and 2nd PAT left. I've pretty much heard the same as you, but the impression that I have gotten is that it will go Nov. 4. In the end, its a difference of 7 days and doesn't matter. The sooner it starts, the sooner it ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haymaker11 View Post
                          I have the home visit and 2nd PAT left. I've pretty much heard the same as you, but the impression that I have gotten is that it will go Nov. 4. In the end, its a difference of 7 days and doesn't matter. The sooner it starts, the sooner it ends.
                          Nice, I just had the home visit last week, so I'm just waiting for my BI to call to give me the thumbs up for the next academy. Very true. I don't really care as long as I get in.

Comment

• Just got done with the home visit. It was pretty quick abut 10 minutes in all, so hopefully that's a good thing... Fingers crossed!

Comment

• Dang! sounds like the November academy is filling up pretty quick. I kind of got a late start. If I don't make November hopefully ill make the following academy which I think is the beginning of spring.

Comment

• I was told October 28th, unless they are adding one in November or moved it

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5705 users online. 285 members and 5420 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X