300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Cable Guy View Post
    I'm not even worried about it. I think this year is the year. Already studying RSD's 10-codes.
    Good. I think it's my year too.
    I should do that too. Where could I find the 10 and 11 codes?

Comment

• Originally posted by hec_17 View Post
      Good. I think it's my year too.
      I should do that too. Where could I find the 10 and 11 codes?
      I did a quick google search and it brought me to a flash card site. Officer.com won't let me post a link yet since I don't have 100 posts, but I just googled "Riverside county 10 codes" and it brought me to a site called flashcard exchange.

Hopefully an RSD deputy or recruit can validate the information on that site before I go and memorize them all.

Also if anyone can chime in about studying PCs and CVCs. Do most departments require you to know all of the codes? If not, which codes are the most pertinent and which should we study? Any help would be nice, thanks!

Comment

• Hey all, I have a question about the PAT. I know it's 22 push-ups and 27 sit-ups minimum...Are we encouraged to go above those numbers during the PAT? If it's just pass or fail, what's the point of continuing on with each respective event? In other words, can I just stop at 22 push ups and 27 sit ups in order to conserve energy for the next event? Don't mean to sound lazy or anything but just a thought.
        Thank you all for your answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by BulletToof View Post
          Hey all, I have a question about the PAT. I know it's 22 push-ups and 27 sit-ups minimum...Are we encouraged to go above those numbers during the PAT? If it's just pass or fail, what's the point of continuing on with each respective event? In other words, can I just stop at 22 push ups and 27 sit ups in order to conserve energy for the next event? Don't mean to sound lazy or anything but just a thought.
          Someone asked that question when I was taking the PAT. Effort goes a long way. It's recommended that you do as many as possible, and for the run, as fast as possible. They do record the number and take that sheet, so it will likely be reviewed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BulletToof View Post
            Hey all, I have a question about the PAT. I know it's 22 push-ups and 27 sit-ups minimum...Are we encouraged to go above those numbers during the PAT? If it's just pass or fail, what's the point of continuing on with each respective event? In other words, can I just stop at 22 push ups and 27 sit ups in order to conserve energy for the next event? Don't mean to sound lazy or anything but just a thought.
            do as many as you can in all events and run like the wind on the 1.5 mile run. don't really recommend stopping for anything, unless you cramped up or something, but go balls to the wall the whole time.

Comment

• Just curious how long it takes to have PAT date after you pass the written?

Comment

• Originally posted by calilivin28 View Post
                Just curious how long it takes to have PAT date after you pass the written?
                It took about 2 1/2 weeks for me

Comment

It took about 2 1/2 weeks for me
                  They don't give you the PAT appointment the same day as the written anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by dzan View Post
                    They don't give you the PAT appointment the same day as the written anymore?
                    They do. They schedule it 2.5 weeks from the time of the written test.

Comment

• did the psych yesterday, i think it wen ok, but who knows. first time doing this type of test. took awhile to get through all the questions. the interview wasn't anything that I thought it would be and was quite fast. about how long after does it take for the medical scheduling?

Comment

• Originally posted by scvmg View Post
                        did the psych yesterday, i think it wen ok, but who knows. first time doing this type of test. took awhile to get through all the questions. the interview wasn't anything that I thought it would be and was quite fast. about how long after does it take for the medical scheduling?
                        Hopefully you did well. I'm taking the psych tomorrow. What does it consist of?

Comment

a lot of questions about anything and everything. you'll be there a while, i was there about 5 hours, one other guy was ahead of me. after you do the questions, then you meet with the dr. to go over your background and more questions. nothing real hard, just be honest and yourself.

Comment

EXACTLY what scvmg said.

Comment

• Originally posted by scvmg View Post
                              a lot of questions about anything and everything. you'll be there a while, i was there about 5 hours, one other guy was ahead of me. after you do the questions, then you meet with the dr. to go over your background and more questions. nothing real hard, just be honest and yourself.
                              Oh so it's basically like another background interview. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

• Originally posted by dzan View Post
                                EXACTLY what scvmg said.
                                Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5288 users online. 218 members and 5070 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X