300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by andrew_93 View Post
    Mine were contacted after my polygraph results came in, my BI sent out letters via us mail and your references need to send them back to your BI and he or she will further evaluate what they have to say in regards to the questions asked.
    Thanks for the helpful info!

Comment

• Anyone know the requirements for the last PAT? I remember the deputies saying that they wanted a 12 minute 1.5mi run. I barely made the 14 min cut off for my first PAT and I'm working on getting that number down.

Comment

• I remember them saying they'd like to see a 1.5 mile finished under 12 but 14 was passing. I think it was 22 for push ups and 27 sit ups in a minute.

Comment

• Bare minimum for the PAT on May 21st was:
          1.5 mile run - 14 minutes
          Push ups in 1 minute - 22
          Sit ups in 1 minute - 27

Comment

• My mistake, I should have clarified. By "last PAT" I mean the final one before the academy. The PAT I did on the 21st with the 800 other candidates was the "first" PAT of the process. Smoked the pushups/situps portion but I was lagging on the run. I want to see how much more I need to work on it to blow the run out of the water as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cable Guy View Post
              My mistake, I should have clarified. By "last PAT" I mean the final one before the academy. The PAT I did on the 21st with the 800 other candidates was the "first" PAT of the process. Smoked the pushups/situps portion but I was lagging on the run. I want to see how much more I need to work on it to blow the run out of the water as well.
              If u wanna get your times down try and run uphill and even try running up a small mountain. I timed myself a month before my PAT and i ran a 14:35 1 1/2 mile run so i would jog 3-5 miles 2 times a week and once a week i would go 100% on a 1 1/2 mile run and every now and then i would run up this huge mountain near my house.I ended up killed the PAT and ran a 10:29, i was like 3rd in my group and i wasnt in my best shape at the time.

Comment

• Is the entrance exam still that weird personality test? If it is how do you pass it???

Comment

• Does Riverside Sheriffs use The Counseling Team in San Bernardino for their oral psychs?

@siryessir. I feel you on that exam. I took it last year and failed it somehow. My friend, who is currently a LASD S/O failed it too. I have no idea how to approach that exam, I'm kind of scared to retake it for a second time.
                  Pickle Suit

Comment

• took test 06/4/13 passed My PAT is 06/18/13 hoping for the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by siryessir View Post
                      Is the entrance exam still that weird personality test? If it is how do you pass it???
                      I took this test on May 2nd and 3 years ago as well. It appeared to be the same test with vocab and other questions. I passed both times just answering what I truly believed in. I'm sure they profile you in a certain way, and who knows, maybe your insight on life has changed since the last time. Like anything else in the process, be truthful and honest in your responses.

Originally posted by WerkzRS View Post
                      took test 06/4/13 passed My PAT is 06/18/13 hoping for the best.
                      6 Days and counting. Good luck! Make sure you're well rested, fueled and ready. There will likely be several hundred people if their consistent in their scheduling. Be prepared to stand in line for an hour or two before actually running if you get there 15 minutes early like I did. I recommend arriving 30-60 minutes early if you want to be within the first two groups up for the test.

Comment

• Hey everybody. Post your timelines if you so wish. Mine is on the previous pages, but its Jan-Written. Feb-PAT March-Poly April-Psych and Medical. My BI says October is looking very good. Good luck to everyone!!

Comment

• @siryessire---Yes, the written is "sort of" a personality test, but I wouldn't completely call it that. Just use common sense answering the questions. Remember that law enforcement is a team effort, so I would recommend answering with a team atmosphere in mind. But as the previous poster said, just answer honestly. It might seem cliche, but after being through the process that is the best advice I have received.

Comment

• dzan, ok to PM? i have a couple questions...

Comment

• scvmg--Ya, go for it.

Comment

• got the psych test call this afternoon, for Monday June 24 at 1030 HRS. well, I guess I should ask what to look out for what's the deal with it? Also, how soon after is the medical exam? I live out in the boonies, so planning and time is something else.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8092 users online. 384 members and 7708 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X