300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Laker_Nation View Post
    We have to make sure the majority of us know the 10 codes and 11 codes and at least the 1st paragraph from the code of ethics!

GO TIME!!!
    I have the first two paragraphs of the code of ethics locked down, and been listening to my police scanner and following along with the codes, to familiarize myself more.. I plan on staying at the academy the first 2 weeks..

Comment

• I know a guy who fell out of 190 and has a bit of extra gear to sell, PM me if you need his e-mail. Congrats to anyone who got the call for 191.

Comment

• Does anyone know if there are service requirements with Riverside? Or any other department here in Cali. Meaning if they pay for you to attend the academy, do you have to contract in with the department for a minimum amount of years? Back in North Carolina, that was the case. But if you paid to go through the academy yourself, there were no requirements. So just curious. Thanks!

Comment

• Congratulations to 191st Basic! See you guys on the 29th.. Everyone else stay focused and never give up.. Trust me, Ive been at this for 10 years..

Comment

• Passed the polygraph exam yesterday. My third one in 7 months, and it still wigs me out, but passed it, so Im most happy. I believe there are two tests left...

Comment

• Passed my PAT yesterday... Now working on my BG packet.

What's the polygraph like? I have never done one....

Comment

• Originally posted by zuritausmc View Post
                Does anyone know if there are service requirements with Riverside? Or any other department here in Cali. Meaning if they pay for you to attend the academy, do you have to contract in with the department for a minimum amount of years? Back in North Carolina, that was the case. But if you paid to go through the academy yourself, there were no requirements. So just curious. Thanks!
                I think LAPD is the only one in Southern California that locks you in for 5 years if they put you through the academy.

Comment

• polygraphs aren't anything, answer truthfully without hyperventilating, twitching, gagging, freaking etc., and your fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by scvmg View Post
                    polygraphs aren't anything, answer truthfully without hyperventilating, twitching, gagging, freaking etc., and your fine.
                    Is it "yes or no" questioning or more than that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bgomez3435 View Post
                      Is it "yes or no" questioning or more than that?
                      yep, yes and no.

Comment

• I turned my background packet in on the 1st... Has anyone with the same due date heard from a BI yet?

Comment

• Hey, I took the written about 6 months ago too!! My mistake was not reading the test application message, it told me how the test was divided in two parts; the first part is 10 minutes dealing with
                          finding corrections, punctuation, and misspelled words, part two is the 225 untimed portion which
                          you only have to be consistent, it repeats some of the questions over and over. Good luck!!

Comment

• I had a couple of questions maybe someone can answer in regards to the BG packet.
                            Some of the waivers are for Military, and Lateral. Do I read and sign those also? (I'm not military or lateral) And regarding the two sheets that need to be notarized, what exactly does that mean? Might sound like a dumb question but I have never needed anything notarized.

Planing on calling HR tomorrow for help but maybe one of you can spare me the call. Thanks!

Comment

• Yes they do!! the same day...
                              Originally posted by NFLsec7 View Post
                              Has anyone taken the written recently? Do they grade the exam the same day?
                              LAPD
                              PQE - 06/04/2013
                              PBI - 07/16/2013
                              Polygraph- 07/25/2013
                              PAT1 - 07/26/2013
                              Department Interview - 08/21/2013

Comment

• Does anyone know if you fail the written test with Riverside can you take it with other departments right away like OC, SB or LA? Or you got to wait 3 months. thank you
                                LAPD
                                PQE - 06/04/2013
                                PBI - 07/16/2013
                                Polygraph- 07/25/2013
                                PAT1 - 07/26/2013
                                Department Interview - 08/21/2013

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8280 users online. 378 members and 7902 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X