Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking the written on the 19th... Long drive but worth it....

Comment

• Not really, its 70 questions in 10 minutes. You want to answer as many as you can, but correctly obviously. They are questions asking you to pick a word that is the same or opposite of the word shown. At least that is what the test I took was like. I would assume its the same for everyone but I can't say for sure. After that they ask you something like 200 questions about yourself and what you think other people would say about you. I think you will do fine if you have a decent understanding of the english vocabulary and are confident your past is one that qualifies you for the job.
      Originally posted by calilivin28 View Post
      Dzan, Thank you. Do you know what the test consists of? Not sure, if you took the LASD written test but if so was it similar?

Comment

• Thank you Al for the insight. That was some good info

Comment

• Anyone in here in the Academy? How has it been?

Comment

• Hey Laker- How long after your psych. did you know if you passed? Did you call your b.i. or did he call you?? Mine seems like it went well so fingers crossed. (Just finished it today)

p.s. How'd the home visit go???

Comment

• Hey JoeyB82- No-I was scheduled for my psych. about 2 weeks after my polygraph.

Comment

• Originally posted by dzan View Post
                Hey JoeyB82- No-I was scheduled for my psych. about 2 weeks after my polygraph.
                Thanks dzan.. I go for my poly on the 15 of April.. Whats your timeline?

Comment

• Originally posted by dzan View Post
                  Hey Laker- How long after your psych. did you know if you passed? Did you call your b.i. or did he call you?? Mine seems like it went well so fingers crossed. (Just finished it today)

p.s. How'd the home visit go???

DZAN - My BI informed me even before I took the psych that she would know the results the next day......the day I took the psych, after I completed it I called her and she informed me that she would call me the next day.....sure enough I received a call from her and from Personnel Dept.

Home visit is tomorrow, hopefully all goes well.......we might end up in the June academy together

Comment

• I had a question regarding the background packet. How lengthy is it and what is the turn in timeline like? I am taking the written on the 19th and assuming all goes well I was looking for as much insight as possible on backgrounds.

Comment

• Just got the call I passed psych!! On to medical Friday. Good luck with your home visit!

Comment

• @Bgomez3435 You have 2 weeks (10 business days).

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyB82 View Post
                          Thanks dzan.. I go for my poly on the 15 of April.. Whats your timeline?
                          Hey Joey- My timeline is (rough dates)
                          Written: 1/13
                          Turn in packet:1/20
                          Bi Meeting:2/12
                          Polygraph: 3/12
                          Conditional offer and Psych: 4/9
                          Medical: 4/12

Comment

• Hello everyone, I'm coming up on my BI and Poly soon. Anyone else applying from out of state?

Comment

• Originally posted by ALP17 View Post
                              Hello everyone, I'm coming up on my BI and Poly soon. Anyone else applying from out of state?
                              I am applying from out of state (GA) but i havent taken the written yet. I plan to take the test within the next few weeks. Did you just select a open date test on the calendar or did you call in and say you were an out of state applicant? trying to figure out the best way to handle for out of state applicants

Comment

• I am applying from out of state (MO). I would call to set up the written and PAT, because they will put them in back to back days. I am getting ready to take the psychological and medical tests.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8545 users online. 381 members and 8164 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X