300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dzan View Post
    Hey LAKER FAN- According to my BI the 2nd PAT is before the academy, to gauge how ready you are. Any advice on the psych exam?? I see you are all done with the process congrats!!! Feel free to send me a private message if you want.

DZAN - do you know how long prior to the academy is the 2nd PAT? I know the next academy is in June, hopefully I'll know within these couple days if I'll be in (according to my BI).....how far along are you in the process or are you a DS already? (I'm new to the forum)

Comment

• How is it going everyone....... Just got a call from my BI shes driving down to LA to conduct a home visit soon..... has anyone in here been through the home visit? what does it consist of, any help/advice is greatly appreciated....

Comment

• Hey Laker- No I'm not a DS yet. I am scheduled for the psych. and signing the conditional offer in about a week and a half. I don't know when exactly the 2nd PAT is, but I know its before the June academy.

How'd the psych. test go?? What should I look forward to??

Good luck with the home visit, I don't know exactly how that works because I'm not to that point yet.

Comment

• dzan - I'm thinking the 2nd PAT will take place in May, that's just my guess though......

The PSYCH test went well, nervous at first but you're there so long that your nerves calm down after the 1st hour.....once your done with all the questions they place you in the waiting room where you can read a mag or listen to the radio.....the psych interview is pretty straight forward, the psychologist will ask you some general question, and then they will ask you about things in your background that they might have questions about, once that is done they just shake your hand and send you on your way....

Depending on your BI they'll let you know the next day if you passed, my BI did...

Comment

• Correctional Deputy PAT in 2 weeks
            There are 2 different type of men on this world. Men of action, and everyone else. -

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice. -

Comment

• Guys i take my written on Tuesday ,and i was wondering does it matter how we dress or can we wear whatever?

Comment

• yungstat713 - the only time you do not dress up (business attire) is during the PAT, other than that always show up in business attire, you never know who you might run into....

Comment

• Dzan- Were you scheduled your Psych, the day of your BI interview?
                  Last edited by JoeyB82; 03-31-2013, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• JOEYB82- No. I was scheduled for my psych. a few weeks after my polygraph examination.

Comment

• Question... About how long is the time between turing in the background packet and getting either a call or notice from the BI's? Asking because I want to make sure Im in town for it. Turned my packet in on 3/28 and the girl said 5 days. Not sure how accurate that is, which is why I am asking.

Comment

• Originally posted by scvmg View Post
                        Question... About how long is the time between turing in the background packet and getting either a call or notice from the BI's? Asking because I want to make sure Im in town for it. Turned my packet in on 3/28 and the girl said 5 days. Not sure how accurate that is, which is why I am asking.
                        Well here is my timeline... Written - 01/15, PAT 2/18, Turned in Packet 03/2, BI Interview 4/1, Poly 4/30..

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyB82 View Post
                          Well here is my timeline... Written - 01/15, PAT 2/18, Turned in Packet 03/2, BI Interview 4/1, Poly 4/30..
                          WOW that is WAY WAY fast. I hope mine goes that fast too. I have my first PAT on the 16th. Has everyone else seen a timeline similar to this? I talked to LASD today and they said I would likely be waiting a year before I even start my background. I have been going through this long enough that I know you won't find much faster out there than RSD.

Comment

• I am a out of state applicant. I filled out the prelim question and I am able to take the test but like everyone said you dont see any open dates to take the test. Does anyone know if they schedule a test date for out of state applicants?

Comment

• Hey callivin28- I went through the same thing. I checked for like 2 weeks for open test dates and there weren't any. Then all of the sudden one day there were like three. You just have to keep checking, that's really the only way.

Comment

• Dzan, Thank you. Do you know what the test consists of? Not sure, if you took the LASD written test but if so was it similar?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8499 users online. 378 members and 8121 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X