June 2013-Captains Intervew LASD
    August 2013-The Call
    October 2013-Hired

Comment

• Took the PAT today and I thought I did well:
      Push ups: 50
      Sit ups: 35
      1 1/2 Mile run: 10:29

Are those good numbers because I fell like I blazed through the run! Finished like 3rd in my group and felt great considering a month ago I timed my self on a track and ran it in 14:25! Does getting better numbers increase your chances of being noticed or will they look at your packet sooner?

Comment

• Hey Hastey23--
        I don't think they look at your packet sooner, but my bi told me that having good numbers does separate you from others in the sense that they might not recommend somebody to the academy that they think isn't physically ready. The PAT 2 (second one) is more important though, I think, because that is when they gauge your progress and if youare ready.

mbsteve-thanks for the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by dzan View Post
          Hey Hastey23--
          I don't think they look at your packet sooner, but my bi told me that having good numbers does separate you from others in the sense that they might not recommend somebody to the academy that they think isn't physically ready. The PAT 2 (second one) is more important though, I think, because that is when they gauge your progress and if youare ready.

Oh wow if that's the case I should of took it sooner because I took my written on Feb. 13th and was given a choice to take the PAT on Feb. 19th but I wasn't ready so I rescheduled for Today. Guess i just got to keep conditioning and getting ready then. Oh and upon completing your background packet does turning it in early help get your packet reviewed at faster or do they wait till the deadline then look over the packets? Thanks for the info by the way.

Comment

• I take my entrance exam in about a week, and i was wondering does anyone finish the vocab part of the test, because i saw its 70 questions in 10 minutes, and if not how do they grade you on the exam?

Comment

• yes, I did, as did many in the test with me.

Comment

• I also finished all 70, but you do not need to finish all 70 to pass and get a good score.

Hastey did you get your questions answered after the PAT?

Comment

• Thanks im pretty nervous for my written next week. I'm in backgrounds for lasd right now but they take too long ,and from what im seeing riverside seems to be getting it done quick.
                  the written test wasn't to hard was it?

Originally posted by dzan View Post
                  I also finished all 70, but you do not need to finish all 70 to pass and get a good score.

Hastey did you get your questions answered after the PAT?

Comment

• Yea they asked if anyone had questions at the end but I couldn't think of any them on the fly.

Comment

• Anyone here applying as a lateral? I'm likely going to be in the next few months. The written and PAT is waived for lateral candidates. Anyone have experience with their lateral process?

Comment

• Originally posted by dzan View Post
                        Hey Hastey23--

The 2nd PAT will be done the first week of the academy, is that right?

I am all done with the process just waiting on "the call"...... best of luck to everyone

Comment

• Hey guys, going to meet with my BI for the first time on monday. I misplaced the "list" of documents to bring that was attached to my background packet. Wondering if its the same list that on the RCSD website? I know to make copies but do I make just one of each? Also, any insight on what to expect with my BI?

Comment

• JoeyB82- Meeting with your BI is pretty laid back. He is just going to go over everything in the packet with you. Just make sure you wear a suit and tie, and DONT FORGET ANYTHING. Leaving something off will get you disqualified even if its an accident.

Comment

• duplicate**
                              Last edited by dzan; 03-28-2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Hey LAKER FAN- According to my BI the 2nd PAT is before the academy, to gauge how ready you are. Any advice on the psych exam?? I see you are all done with the process congrats!!! Feel free to send me a private message if you want.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5728 users online. 288 members and 5440 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X