300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Guys,
    Congrats to the people that made it to class 190, and best of luck to those who are still in the process.

I was wondering if any of you guys had any recommendation on a good tactical boot that is easy to polish. I have no prior experience so I dont want to buy the wrong kind of boot.

Comment

• I'm currently a Correctional Officer in another state, and I was thinking about applying for Riverside Correctional Deputy. Question: Are the correctional deputies allowed to carry a firearm off duty?

Comment

• I believe not off duty. However, it has been know the Sheriff gives them CCW's if they apply when completing probation. I am only speculating and talking about information I knew happened when Sheriff Doyle was in office. IDK why but lots of correctional deputies do not apply for CCW's.

Comment

• Psych next week...hopefully I'm as sane as I think I am. Any tips from you guys?

Comment

• mebesteve, I suggest not jumping across the desk and attacking the interviewer. Other than that, just be yourself. It's more tests like the first test you took on the computer. The key, as with every step in the process is the be honest. If you're not honest, you're out. They don't expect you do be perfect. It's also not a sit down on the couch and tell me what you think kinda testing.

So relax, be yourself, be ready to spend a few hours doing more tests on the computer, or waiting around, and be HONEST.

Comment

• Anyone who needs anything from Galls, especially for 190, make sure you order early! They take awhile to do uniforms and PT gear, and from my experience and a few other stories I heard they tend to mess things up. They fix their errors, but it takes time. Glad I started early or I might be short a few items for academy.

Comment

• Great more computer tests not excited about that, but oh well. When do you guys start class for 190?

Comment

• March 11, less than two weeks now!

Comment

• Nice, let me know how that first day goes, looks like it will be fun, lol.

Comment

• Do we need to make an appointment to go into GALLS or LEAPS PX? or just walk in? We just need to pick up the purchase order for the Uniform from the RSO office prior to right and that one is also by appointment?
                      Last edited by Shades; 02-27-2013, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Ya, pick up the uniform order from HR, then just take it to Galls. Walk into LEAPS and say you're for 190 and she'll throw (literally) the stuff you need at you.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrJeff View Post
                          Ya, pick up the uniform order from HR, then just take it to Galls. Walk into LEAPS and say you're for 190 and she'll throw (literally) the stuff you need at you.
                          Dude you were right...lol. She literally threw stuff at me...she seemed angry the entire time. But she was nice at the end. See you monday Jeff. well on the 6th....one more week man...

Comment

• Lol, ya, she was crazy, but nicER at the end.

See ya tomorrow. Less than a week now! It's amazing how quick time seems to have gone.

Comment

• Wish I hadn't withdrawn from RSD! In the end I came to the conclusion that I did not want to relocate if RSD had picked me up. But now, since LASD froze their hiring, I'm kicking myself in the arse!

Congrats to all the new hires. It's a fun job for sure.

Comment

• Took my written on feb 22nd, passed. Now onto the PAT on March 16th. How many PAT's are there? Do the requirements get tougher as you progress? Did the CHP's it was only a one time test but my whole process stretched out over a year, in the end I wasnt what they were looking for. But time has passed, and i wonder if CHP had a lot higher standards than Riv Sheriffs?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11277 users online. 522 members and 10755 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X