Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I passed my poly. How long before I take the psych test, medical exam? Or do I get the conditional job offer first? I'm so excited hopefully I make it into the 190th academy!

Comment

• APP 12, don't give up. I know plenty people who failed the Psych exam only to later become sworn deputies.

Comment

• Originally posted by app12 View Post
        Hey guys! So I withdrew from the process at the beginning of this year. I basically went through the whole process and after having taken the psychological exam I was told that I had been only cleared for the CD position. I wanted to the DST position but the my BI said that I was not cleared for it due to the fact that I needed more exposure and life experience. Now I was 19 years old when I took the psychological exam and within a month I was going to turn 20. Do you guys think there is a chance I can obtain the "exposure" and "life experience" by 2014? I graduate around that time and therefore I wanted to know whether or not you guys think I can have a chance of convincing the shrink that I am ready to become a DST.
        You should have taken the CD position if offered. I can't think of a better way to get exposure and life experience relevant to your career aspirations. You will have the same exposure and life experience in 2014 if you only have school under your belt. I guess when you apply we will find out.

Comment

• Me too nogo!

Comment

• mebesteve,
            I guess we are almost there. Good luck to u and everyone else who made it in recently and or has just started the process.

Comment

• app12, Working corrections would have been pretty good experience and a good in for DST. If that's not the ticket for you, then do something you can be proud of, get some word experience, do some volunteering.

NOGO, I my psych was a few weeks after poly, then medical about a week after that. Right now I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer, as everyone is getting in final paperwork for 190, and pretty swamped. While possible, I would say it's very unlikely you get into 190. If you don't, then take advantage of the time to get fit and study. I was pushing to get into October, and now I"m glad I had the extra time to study and work out.

Comment

• MrJeff,

You are absolutely right. I should be using this time to run and get fit for the academy as I hear that PT is no joke. Thanks for the advise.

Comment

• Good luck to you too NOGO. and MrJeff thanks for the advice, ill definitely be doing that, God willing I get into the academy whether it be 190 or 191, looking more like 191. Good luck to you all.

NOGO,let me know when you go for your med, so I have someone to compare myself to please, ill do the same.

Comment

• Mebesteve ill let u know. Does anyone know the academy date after the 190?

Comment

• 6-10-2013 for 191. Only 3 months later.

Comment

• Going to take my written tomorrow! I'm excited and nervous but happy i'm starting the process.

Comment

• Finally got the call! Those who have made it into the 190th already, see you all very soon and for those who are still in process i wish you the best of luck. Time to start studying for me...

Comment

• Passed my written. Doing my pat March 19. Going for both position. Anyone know if riverside phs is the ca post version or do they use their own version?

Comment

• congrats Shades! See you there.

Comment

• Passed my written on Wednesday and I'm taking my PAT March 19th. Could anyone tell me about whats in the background packet and I heard there's an essay?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8482 users online. 391 members and 8091 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X