300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrJeff View Post
    The run in on a quarter mile (so standard size track) track. 6 laps for 1.5 miles.

The process is pretty fast. Read back through all of these pages to get a better idea of how long it's taking people. Right now you might be hard pressed to get into March, which means you'll probably be looking at the next class. If everything goes very fast, it might be possible to still get into March but I wouldn't count on it.

Good luck!
    Wonderful, thanks for the insight. I suppose I will be in the next class after the March academy. Considering I have not even completed the written exam yet. Dec. 26, 2012 is my testing date.

Comment

• Just passed the written and scheduled for the Dec 18th PAT.
      Last edited by USMC_80; 12-08-2012, 05:40 PM. Reason: Wrong date listed

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC_80 View Post
        Just passed the written and scheduled for the Dec 17th PAT.
        Congrats, judging by your name i assume you are a veteran, like myself?

Comment

• I EAS in March but I'll be on terminal starting in January.

Comment

• Anyone know if we can type out our personal history statement? I already have one done on my computer that I already turned in for another department.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_henderson View Post
              Anyone know if we can type out our personal history statement? I already have one done on my computer that I already turned in for another department.
              Actually on the packet it says you can type. But I wonder if you have to type in block letters or can it just be normal?

Comment

• You can type...but I think they want to see hand written block lettering for everything. That at least is what my BI let on.

Comment

• You can go ahead and fill it out electronically. Make sure you have the latest version of of the PHS. (should be on the POST website). Once you meet your BI you will have a chance to show your handwriting skills.

Comment

• When I filled out my PHS for RSO I remember being told specifically to do it by hand in block writing. I had an electronic copy saved already and it was the first time I had to do one by hand.

Comment

• Yeah, you guys will want to do it in block letters, preferably with a stencil. Remember, this is another step where there are hundreds of others competing with you. Put in that little extra effort and you will see it carry you much further than others who don't do so.

Comment

• In the end it is your choice, but what the BI cares for the most is the content of your PHS. It needs to be accurate and complete. You will have plenty of chances elsewhere to show off your finest handwriting skills such as your autobiography and the essay once you meet with you BI. I filled it out electronically...just 2 cents from a guy who works for the dept.

The only competition you have is yourself. Have a clean background, a good package and be truthful. 80% of applicants who fail do it here. Once you are done with backgrounds there is no competition
                        Last edited by marcel_78; 12-26-2012, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• Question for marcel 78, When you first meet your BI, are we to write an autobiography and the essay at that point? Or can we be prepared and have at least the autobiography done ahead of time. Is it that they want us to write it while we are present with the BI. Thanks for any insight you can further provide.

Comment

• the autobiography should be part of your background package. It should be 5 pages in handwriting, including drawing a map to your home with the nearest cross streets. The essay questions will be hand written once you meet with you BI and are subject to change.

Comment

• Wonderful, thanks for the information you provided. Much appreciated!

Comment

• Hey everybody, I just did the pre-screening online and scheduled my test on Jan. 8th. I hope my process goes as quickly as some of the ones i seen in the thread! I'm also currently in the process for LASD and have been waiting on my BI for going on four months now, i figured it was time to throw a couple eggs in the Riverside basket and hope they hatch sooner. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7431 users online. 203 members and 7228 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X