Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riverside County Hiring DST's

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Congrats all who are in the process or already hired. I have my written Dec 7. Anyone know of the upcoming academy dates? Also, any females out there(or men for that matter) who are in or have successfully completed the hiring process and have any tips for females? Thanks all!

    Comment


    • ....................................
      Last edited by hahahasuckers; 10-23-2013, 07:42 PM.

      Comment


      • First thing's first- MINDSET, if you want to cut your runtimes, get your mindset right and run at a faster pace and keep that pace regardless of pain, fatigue, or self doubt.

        You can waste money and time on different stop watches or running techniques- but bottom line is are you able to get your mindset to the point where nothing matters except your GOAL.

        in other words;

        RUN FASTER!
        Timelines:

        CBPO
        App: 2/12/09
        Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
        Written: 2/20/09
        NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
        TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

        IEA
        App: 5/5/09
        Geo: San Diego
        Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
        NOR: 7/20/09
        Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
        TO: 10/6/09
        Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
        Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

        BPA
        Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
        App: 8/17/10
        Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
        TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

        Comment


        • ......................................
          Last edited by hahahasuckers; 10-23-2013, 07:43 PM.

          Comment


          • I agree with DCH its all in the mind. Our bodies are power machines, our brains, not always. From before, I've gotten so accustomed to running with my ipod, that I've started running without it. You're not going to be allowed to wear an ipod when you do your physical or when on an actual pursuit. Worst case scenario, I just sort of sing to myself to keep my mind off things. =P

            @yess1976, I've been training and working out in a weighted vest. Been doing my cardio with it, pull ups, squats etc. Whatever can add the additional resistance. I really like HITTS training when it comes to cardio. Running at "x" MPH for "X" time gets pretty boring, so I'll spice it up.
            I've completed the entire process with a SD up where I live, pass the written, physical, oral, background, the whole 9. My BI who was also a Recruiting Sergeant said my BI was the easiest thing and came back squeeky clean....she sumbitted my packet for the Chief to review to decide who they wanted to bring on for the last 2 steps and who they wanted to put through the academy, but I guess he didn't choose me. My BI was a bit stunned too. There were a few other women there who had I think previous military experience, so I'm wondering if they were chosen...Just sucks that you can have all the attributes, will power, and determination, but the momment your name becomes just a name on a packet of paper, your at the bottom of the totem poll. I'm just wondering how I can stand out more. I know in this economy, they can be as picky as they'd like, but sheesh!!!!

            Comment


            • ..............................................
              Last edited by hahahasuckers; 10-23-2013, 07:43 PM.

              Comment


              • Did anyone else have their written cancelled today? Drove 1.5 hours from LA county for nothing, bummer.
                Pickle Suit

                Comment


                • Hey guys so quick question. I pretty much went through the whole process for RSO but due to my age I would have to be stuck as a Correctional Deputy. I told my BI to put me on hold for a few months until I'm at age to become a Deputy Sheriff. He told me that my psych and medical would have to be reevaluated. So my question is whether or not I can get disqualified on the psych reevaluation even though I passed the psych for the position of a Correctional Deputy? I mean is there really a difference? Thanks guys. Any feedback would help.
                  Last edited by app12; 11-15-2012, 09:41 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by app12 View Post
                    Hey guys so quick question. I pretty much went through the whole process for RSO but due to my age I would have to be stuck as a Correctional Deputy. I told my BI to put me on hold for a few months until I'm at age to become a Deputy Sheriff. He told me that my psych and medical would have to be reevaluated. So my question is whether or not I can get disqualified on the psych reevaluation even though I passed the psych for the position of a Correctional Deputy? I mean is there really a difference? Thanks guys. Any feedback would help.
                    Oh no "stuck" as a Correctional Deputy, what ever will you do? and yes you can. Believe it or not your "life experience" comes into play. So since your under 21 you mgiht have different luck with the DST side. Take what you can get, people with a ton of life experience are dying for a job. Dont be that guy who misses out on a good chance to better himself. DST's are not going anywhere, wait for your turn if you get a shot! Good luck
                    Last edited by htcguy1; 11-16-2012, 01:24 AM.

                    Comment


                    • haha ok thanks htcguy1! I understand now. However another reason why I do not want to take the CD position is because I'm still in college and have around 2 more years until I graduate. I will be the first person in my family to do so and therefore I think that if I get this position I will not graduate at all. Thus I figured I rather wait a few more months and take more classes before I get into the academy. But yeah I understand the fact that some people would want a job. Thank you for your advice!

                      Comment


                      • Good luck to all in the hiring process. This is my first post but I have come here to view these posts a few times in the past few months as I’m in the hiring process as well for CD position. for the people that are almost complete when did you first apply for this position. for me I started mid june with the written test and I just had the home visit. just curious thanks.
                        Last edited by Mr. John; 11-16-2012, 11:19 PM. Reason: wrong dates

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by app12 View Post
                          haha ok thanks htcguy1! I understand now. However another reason why I do not want to take the CD position is because I'm still in college and have around 2 more years until I graduate. I will be the first person in my family to do so and therefore I think that if I get this position I will not graduate at all. Thus I figured I rather wait a few more months and take more classes before I get into the academy. But yeah I understand the fact that some people would want a job. Thank you for your advice!
                          Take the CD position. You will work 3 on, 4 off, 4 on 3 off. Easy schedule that will allow you to finish school with a little effort on your side. Then, in 2 years, you will have a degree and 2 years experience with the department. As long as you don't show your ***, you will have a leg up on the "new" applicants in 2014
                          Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                          --Winston Churchill--

                          "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

                          Comment


                          • Well, I took the written and didn't pass. It was so weird, felt like a psychological one. Hardly any grammar questions at all. Except for that part that gave you 10 minutes to answer 70 questions.
                            I felt like I answered all the questions in a way that they were supposed to be answered.
                            Pickle Suit

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SoCalSheriff View Post
                              Take the CD position. You will work 3 on, 4 off, 4 on 3 off. Easy schedule that will allow you to finish school with a little effort on your side. Then, in 2 years, you will have a degree and 2 years experience with the department. As long as you don't show your ***, you will have a leg up on the "new" applicants in 2014


                              Oh I see thanks! so wait are you saying that they will hire again in 2014? How often does RSO hire? If you have any feedback on this I'd greatly appreciate it! It means a lot to me.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by sgonzo View Post
                                Well, I took the written and didn't pass. It was so weird, felt like a psychological one. Hardly any grammar questions at all. Except for that part that gave you 10 minutes to answer 70 questions.
                                I felt like I answered all the questions in a way that they were supposed to be answered.


                                Don't worry about it man. I've had several of my friends fail even though they seemed like great candidates. However, I have heard that people failed this exam because they answered the way they thought they were supposed to. Thus it could be that this exam somehow dictates whether you are lying or not. I honestly don't know but that's just a guess.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7597 users online. 387 members and 7210 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X