300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyingPig1 View Post
    I should be a recruiter...although its not like you need to convince people to do this job, their already standing in line.
    I agree.. Honestly, it's a great start for any peace officer to start in jails. You learn above and beyond what, how, where, who........to deal with people..

Comment

Are they continueing to hire people who are already in the process or did that recruitment expire and everyone needs to reapply? Just asking because I passed my vpat last year and was waiting to pick up my background packet right before the county had major money issues.

Comment

Originally posted by GTV10 View Post
        Are they continueing to hire people who are already in the process or did that recruitment expire and everyone needs to reapply? Just asking because I passed my vpat last year and was waiting to pick up my background packet right before the county had major money issues.
        I would, for sure, call them and ask. Hopefully you dont have to re-do everything...It also sucks now to be able to get hold of anyone, since they're so busy.

Comment

Not to rain on anyone’s parade but I heard that a lot of people are not passing the psychological evaluation. Not sure why. I think that is why the position stays open and or keeps opening. Again this is what I heard from my friend that works is corrections.

Comment

Originally posted by azl61 View Post
            Not to rain on anyone’s parade but I heard that a lot of people are not passing the psychological evaluation. Not sure why. I think that is why the position stays open and or keeps opening. Again this is what I heard from my friend that works is corrections.
            I've also heard this. I heard it from a Sgt. who said that last year out of 5000 applicants, only thirty were able to make it all the way through the process. Granted last year they freezed hiring around April, and since they have such a huge pool of applicants they are only proceeding with the ones they like.

I wouldn't read to far in to it. I know they are definitely hiring, I was told that there are going to be a substantial amount of retirements this year and they need to fill those positions.

Comment

How long after you took the PAT did it take for RSD to email you to pick up your PHS?

Comment

Anybody know how they do the sit ups for the PAT? Does somebody hold your feet?

Comment

When I did it last year, you did them with a partner and your partner did hold your feet.

Comment

You are with a partner and they hold your feet

Comment

partner holds your ankles.

Comment

Thank you for the info

Comment

Anybody from here at the PAT this morning?

Comment

Originally posted by azl61 View Post
                            I'll second that comment, we need Correctional Dep's right now. The Sheriff has said Corrections Divison is where his MAIN focus is on. All because of AB109. Not a bad gig. But like FlyingPig said, you learn u cannot punk a "veterano" in a tank when your a "new booty" ha ha. You can always re-apply for DST later if ya want, but hey you might like C.Dep spot?

Comment

Great post FP.

Recently met a 14 year Corr. Deputy (not sure of adv. rank) who absolutely LOVES his dept. and job!

Man, I need new knees, a lapband, and lasik!!!! lol
                              Timelines:

CBPO
                              App: 2/12/09
                              Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                              Written: 2/20/09
                              NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                              TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                              App: 5/5/09
                              Geo: San Diego
                              Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                              NOR: 7/20/09
                              Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                              TO: 10/6/09
                              Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                              Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                              Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                              App: 8/17/10
                              Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                              TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

What's the word with hiring? Anyone testing/applying? In the process?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4189 users online. 169 members and 4020 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X