Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.pe.com/local-news/riversi...n-deputies.ece
    Ignore List----DAL

"but I warranty you that I’ll be a better candidate than a kid that just got out of high school and self-sponsor himself."...Just another brain surgeon who's looking for a cop job on Officer.com.

Comment

• Good article. I think the standards must be met by all. I know women who could meet all those standards for the PAT but they just aren't interested in law enforcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by app12 View Post
        Hi guys, So I just recently got approved to write on this forum and I just wanted to ask, does anyone knows when the next academy after the March one will start? I know it's still a long way to know the exact dates but I'm asking because I'm currently a college student and would like to see if there's a chance that they will open an academy during July of next year. I passed through all the steps, but I would like to hold off until I'm done with this school year. Thus if you guys know anything please let me know. Thank you.
        I haven't heard anything yet about possible academies after the March one. I know that they've had the July/October/January (now March) academy planned from when they opened hiring again back in April. It probably depends on personnel numbers and, most importantly, how the budget is looking.

Comment

Last edited by hahahasuckers; 10-23-2013, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Anyone have any clarification on this, when you guys applied, were you hired as DST's or CD's? Did you choose or did the dept?
            Last edited by Aspen17; 01-23-2014, 01:02 AM.
            Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

• When you apply you have the option of DST, CO or both.

Comment

Last edited by hahahasuckers; 10-23-2013, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• I just applied to RSO and have my written test scheduled for 11/5/2012. I'm currently in process with LASO but the process has been painfully too long. Time to throw my name in another hat as well.

Can anyone tell me what the process timeframe for RSO is currently? Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rurales View Post
                    I just applied to RSO and have my written test scheduled for 11/5/2012. I'm currently in process with LASO but the process has been painfully too long. Time to throw my name in another hat as well.

Can anyone tell me what the process timeframe for RSO is currently? Thank you.
                    I have heard 4-5 months.
                    Pickle Suit

Comment

• Time Frame depends on when you start and when the classes are. People who applied one month earlier than me got into October, I'll have to wait till march. 1 month difference in application, 5 month difference in school time. Best case 4-5 months if you get into the March academy.

Good luck!

Comment

• Does anyone know if the CDs are still on for a January academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrJeff View Post
                          Time Frame depends on when you start and when the classes are. People who applied one month earlier than me got into October, I'll have to wait till march. 1 month difference in application, 5 month difference in school time. Best case 4-5 months if you get into the March academy.

Good luck!
                          Yeah i applied since July of this year and im still in the process. I would have been done, but im assuming that my BI had a lot to research. The process has been going smoothly, but on my polygraph i had an inconclusive question i guess? so i had to retake my polygraph and that was this passed Monday Oct. 22 and the guy testing me said i passed. So if all goes well in the Psych eval and the medical exam, ill be in the next academy in March as well. I shouldn't have any issues with either of those lol...but who knows. I could have probably been in the one the just started...but there are bumps here and there and that was my bump that kept me behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by yess1976 View Post
                            on the situps does someone hold your feet or let you put them under something or nothing?
                            Yes someone holds your legs while you do your sit-ups. Basically you sit on your butt bend your legs with your knees pointing up and the person holds your feet between their knees and holds your calves. Make sure your elbows touch your knees...i was doing chest to knee and they didn't count like 8 or 10 of them my partner didn't count until he told me it was elbow to knees >.>! But i still passed.

Comment

Last edited by hahahasuckers; 10-23-2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yess1976 View Post
                                Cool thanks! now about the push ups will just flexing your arms count? I'm a female and you know for us its a little more difficult. I can do them but I don't go all the way down.
                                To be honest i wouldn't know. When we are testing for pushups they pair you with the same sex. Simply because your partner has to put their fist in between the pavement and your chest and they need to touch each time to count...and would be weird for the woman to have a male as a partner in that situation. So they pair females with females in both push ups and sit ups so i cant tell you if the females do different pushups. I don't remember if they are modified pushups (they might be). As a precaution, I suggest you do regular pushups as practice. You have nothing to lose because if they in fact are modified pushups, you'll be able to do a lot more since you've been working to improve in regular pushups. Instead of training in modified push ups and end up doing regular push ups at the test site and screwing up.
                                AND you'll end up doing the PAT test again once you've gone through the whole entire process. They want to see if you have improved...so you get tested 2

Wish you the best of luck!
                                Last edited by Shades; 10-24-2012, 06:23 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9966 users online. 515 members and 9451 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X