Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been reading through this thread a bit. Can a few people tell me what your processing time has been? Application to invite?
    Originally Posted by Law100
    Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

Last edited by hahahasuckers; 10-23-2013, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yess1976 View Post
        I'm scheduled for the PAT on Nov 3...I'm a lil worried on the run because I've never been a runner and was hoping to get more time to prepare for this. Does anyone know if they have another Pat for later in Nov?

Can you run 1.5 miles in under 14 minutes on a dirt track in the hot son? Go time your 1.5 mile run and see how long it takes.

Comment

• Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
          I've been reading through this thread a bit. Can a few people tell me what your processing time has been? Application to invite?
          Application: Early June
          PAT: June
          Turned in BG packet: June 28
          First BI: August 1st
          Polygraph: Mid August
          Psych: Late August
          Medical: Late August
          Home visit: Sept 1st
          Pre Academy PAT: September 20
          Official Hire: Late September

From what I've seen, from time of application to academy is about 3 months.

Comment

Last edited by hahahasuckers; 10-23-2013, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yess1976 View Post
              Well I have never had to really run (I don't know how I got away with it in school lol) but now that I need to I realized how hard its going to be! I recently quit smoking so I'm still short of breath when running....and I cannot do 1.5 mile in less than 14 minutes....amazingly although I'm a female I have no problem with the push-ups (all thanks to P90X)....I just started going to run 2days ago and I have until nov 3rd to make it....so frustrated because I just don't know if I will be able to pull it in so short time.
              Females are given an extra minute. So 1.5 miles in under 15 minutes. If you don't think you are in good enough shape NOW for the academy, then maybe it might be best to go through the process at a later time. It is a highly competitive process. I was told that to get the 30 something people hired and into the academy they had to go through 7000 applicants.

30 out of 7000.

And it would only make you look better if you explained that you wanted to come back at a later time when you were more competitive. Riverside isn't going to stop hiring anytime soon, as far as I know.

Time yourself tonight, push yourself, and see how long it takes you. If you can run it in 16 or 17 minutes, you may be able to improve in 2 weeks time to pass your PAT.

Comment

Last edited by hahahasuckers; 10-23-2013, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by electrician View Post
                  Thanks! Started today... I have everything to complete the package since this is my 4th department applying for. So far Riverside has been the fastest process thus far. LASD being the slowest process, 6 months and still no call from a BI.

Has anyone filled out the PHS via the computer? Thought the BI's would prefer this method as it would be much easier to read. However, in our background orientation, I believe they said they wanted us all to fill everything out by hand.
                  Yeah they want handwritten to see your penmanship. I did my written in June, PAT in August, bg turned in August 23, bg interview 24 September and poly on the 25th. Got the call on October 9th giving the conditional offer. I have psych on the 24th and home visit the 29th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wschesnutt View Post
                    Yeah they want handwritten to see your penmanship. I did my written in June, PAT in August, bg turned in August 23, bg interview 24 September and poly on the 25th. Got the call on October 9th giving the conditional offer. I have psych on the 24th and home visit the 29th.
                    Yep, they will sometimes use an exemplar to better evaluate a candidate. It also gives them the opportunity to see if you can write hard enough to complete all four copies of a cite.
                    The Thousandth Man

Comment

• Does anyone know the policy on tinted Windows? I saw a few cars of class 188 with light tint on their front driver and passenger windows. I'm asking because I heard no tint is allowed on any recruits front driver and passenger windows.... hmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by bboynowee View Post
                        Does anyone know the policy on tinted Windows? I saw a few cars of class 188 with light tint on their front driver and passenger windows. I'm asking because I heard no tint is allowed on any recruits front driver and passenger windows.... hmmm
                        California law is 70% on front windows last I checked. That's pretty much nothing.

Comment

• Thanks! Good luck everyone.
                          Originally Posted by Law100
                          Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• hey everyone! After following these boards for quite a while, I decided that it's about time I contribute. I just found out sometime recently that I have passed all the steps and will be recommended for hire in the March academy! Also, congrats to the guys starting the academy on Monday, and good luck to everyone still going through the process!!

Comment

• Originally posted by afgvet33 View Post
                              hey everyone! After following these boards for quite a while, I decided that it's about time I contribute. I just found out sometime recently that I have passed all the steps and will be recommended for hire in the March academy! Also, congrats to the guys starting the academy on Monday, and good luck to everyone still going through the process!!
                              Congrats on passing all steps. I have psych and medical left. Hopefully be done by mid November. Another good luck to everyone starting the academy and in the process.

Comment

• Hi guys, So I just recently got approved to write on this forum and I just wanted to ask, does anyone knows when the next academy after the March one will start? I know it's still a long way to know the exact dates but I'm asking because I'm currently a college student and would like to see if there's a chance that they will open an academy during July of next year. I passed through all the steps, but I would like to hold off until I'm done with this school year. Thus if you guys know anything please let me know. Thank you.
                                Last edited by app12; 10-21-2012, 10:05 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6623 users online. 374 members and 6249 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X