300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wschesnutt View Post
    I turned in my background packet August 23, had my interview Sept 24, poly on the 25th, and if it wasn't for me being out of state I'd be done with psych as of yesterday. Medical follows the psych as long as you pass and then you're done. As of tomorrow will be 2 months since my PAT. It really depends on your background.
    Sounds great! Thank you. I have just scheduled my written for October 26.
    Pickle Suit

Comment

• Originally posted by kaphow View Post
      It's the same "drugs of abuse" test every law enforcement agency administers. While I've since lateraled away, I was taken aboard initially with RSO. If you have no drug issues, you have nothing to worry about. Don't sweat it.
      Urine, blood, hair?

Comment

• Originally posted by LT Morone View Post
        Urine, blood, hair?
        Urinalysis as far as I know. Plus a few vials of your blood are drawn. Not certain if the blood is used for that purpose.

And no hair follicle test. Stop being so paranoid, guy. It'll be fine.
        fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

Comment

• Has anyone heard from a BI that took the PAT on September 19th? I turned in the packet on September 25th. I know it has only been 3 weeks but I was wondering if anyone that took the PAT that day has had contact with the department yet (whether it be a dq letter or telephone call)

Comment

• I tried searching the thread but no luck. Does anyone have the link to log in to reschedule your written in case my job won't allow me that day off? Thanks.

I went to: http://www.joinrsd.org/Home/Announce...5/Default.aspx

But it says my session has timed out.
            Last edited by sgonzo; 10-16-2012, 05:09 PM.
            Pickle Suit

Comment

• Originally posted by kaphow View Post
              Urinalysis as far as I know. Plus a few vials of your blood are drawn. Not certain if the blood is used for that purpose.

And no hair follicle test. Stop being so paranoid, guy. It'll be fine.
              haha your right I am probably over reacting. I just don't want to risk it all. I'll probably stop taking it a week or two before the medical test. But really man, appreciate the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgonzo View Post
                I tried searching the thread but no luck. Does anyone have the link to log in to reschedule your written in case my job won't allow me that day off? Thanks.

I went to: http://www.joinrsd.org/Home/Announce...5/Default.aspx

But it says my session has timed out.
                Check your email address that you provided? I got a confirmation email with log in info, Im sure you got it as well.

sgonzo I just saw this from my confirmation email.

If you fail to appear for your scheduled appointment you will be allowed to reschedule once. If you fail to appear at your second appointment you will be disqualified from the selection process for six months. Once your original appointment is canceled you will then be able to view the online testing calendar for available dates to reschedule. To cancel/reschedule, access the site, select "Appointments" from the left side of the screen and enter your user ID and password. Click on the job you have applied to, scroll the page to the right and down and click on the reschedule button, follow the steps to schedule a new date.

hope this helped you.
                Last edited by Oneway; 10-16-2012, 05:37 PM.
                Ears open, Mouth shut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oneway View Post
                  Check your email address that you provided? I got a confirmation email with log in info, Im sure you got it as well.

sgonzo I just saw this from my confirmation email.

If you fail to appear for your scheduled appointment you will be allowed to reschedule once. If you fail to appear at your second appointment you will be disqualified from the selection process for six months. Once your original appointment is canceled you will then be able to view the online testing calendar for available dates to reschedule. To cancel/reschedule, access the site, select "Appointments" from the left side of the screen and enter your user ID and password. Click on the job you have applied to, scroll the page to the right and down and click on the reschedule button, follow the steps to schedule a new date.

hope this helped you.
                  nvm

Doh, my email was cutting off half of the bottom. Think I got it.
                  Last edited by sgonzo; 10-16-2012, 05:50 PM. Reason: error
                  Pickle Suit

Comment

• Originally posted by LT Morone View Post
                    haha your right I am probably over reacting. I just don't want to risk it all. I'll probably stop taking it a week or two before the medical test. But really man, appreciate the info.
                    If your that worried about it, why not stop taking it now?
                    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                    --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

• Past my PAT today. Moving to backgrounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by electrician View Post
                        Past my PAT today. Moving to backgrounds.
                        Congrats. Get that package in fast.

Comment

Pickle Suit

Comment

• Congrats to all who passed the PAT! Good luck with background!

Comment

Last edited by hahahasuckers; 10-23-2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wschesnutt View Post
                                Congrats. Get that package in fast.
                                Thanks! Started today... I have everything to complete the package since this is my 4th department applying for. So far Riverside has been the fastest process thus far. LASD being the slowest process, 6 months and still no call from a BI.

Has anyone filled out the PHS via the computer? Thought the BI's would prefer this method as it would be much easier to read. However, in our background orientation, I believe they said they wanted us all to fill everything out by hand.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10818 users online. 375 members and 10443 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X