Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riverside County Hiring DST's

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey fellas, so I take a pre workout drink called Cellucor C4 and sometimes a supp called Jack3d. Both of these contain 1, 3 dimethylamylamine which shows a false positive for amphetamines in drug test. Its unfortunate, but alas, I will stop taking it. I learned of this yesterday and have stopped taking it. My question to you all is: Does the drug test in the medical consist of urine,blood, or hair follicle? I would hate to fail the test due to my ignorance of the supplement that I bought at a local GNC. Thanks all.

    *Also, my psych isn't until 10/31 so I have a bit of time.

    Comment


    • Jack3d? Damn! I had to stop taking that as well because it made my hair greasy, gave me acne all over my face, made me watch porn all day, play darts and dissemble every appliance in my house...
      The Thousandth Man

      Comment


      • Originally posted by LT Morone View Post
        Hey fellas, so I take a pre workout drink called Cellucor C4 and sometimes a supp called Jack3d. Both of these contain 1, 3 dimethylamylamine which shows a false positive for amphetamines in drug test. Its unfortunate, but alas, I will stop taking it. I learned of this yesterday and have stopped taking it. My question to you all is: Does the drug test in the medical consist of urine,blood, or hair follicle? I would hate to fail the test due to my ignorance of the supplement that I bought at a local GNC. Thanks all.

        *Also, my psych isn't until 10/31 so I have a bit of time.
        I'd think that if you disclose that to them prior to the test then it'll be ok.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by LT Morone View Post
          Hey fellas, so I take a pre workout drink called Cellucor C4 and sometimes a supp called Jack3d. Both of these contain 1, 3 dimethylamylamine which shows a false positive for amphetamines in drug test. Its unfortunate, but alas, I will stop taking it. I learned of this yesterday and have stopped taking it. My question to you all is: Does the drug test in the medical consist of urine,blood, or hair follicle? I would hate to fail the test due to my ignorance of the supplement that I bought at a local GNC. Thanks all.




          *Also, my psych isn't until 10/31 so I have a bit of time.

          You will be fine. That is a myth; you won't test positive for amphetamines unless you're doing shady stuff. Good Luck!!!
          fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MrJeff View Post
            Just got an update from my BI yesterday. It looks like the next class after October may not be until March. Not enough people getting through. Hopefully it will change.
            March 11 - August 22 is the next academy. Guess we have some time to wait.

            http://www.mvcsp.com/law/Classes/Bas...%20Format.aspx

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Wschesnutt View Post
              March 11 - August 22 is the next academy. Guess we have some time to wait.

              http://www.mvcsp.com/law/Classes/Bas...%20Format.aspx

              Is that only for DST?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by kaphow View Post
                You will be fine. That is a myth; you won't test positive for amphetamines unless you're doing shady stuff. Good Luck!!!
                Appreciate the feedback but Has anyone who's taken the medical know what kind of drug test they do?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LT Morone View Post
                  Appreciate the feedback but Has anyone who's taken the medical know what kind of drug test they do?
                  It's the same "drugs of abuse" test every law enforcement agency administers. While I've since lateraled away, I was taken aboard initially with RSO. If you have no drug issues, you have nothing to worry about. Don't sweat it.
                  fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by LT Morone View Post
                    Is that only for DST?
                    It just says the 190th class. The class is to long for corrections.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Wschesnutt View Post
                      It just says the 190th class. The class is to long for corrections.
                      Will they still be filling this class for the next several months, or is it already full? I take my PAt this Wednesday and I was wondering if I still have time to make class 190...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by electrician View Post
                        I was wondering if I still have time to make class 190...
                        Only one way to find out. I completed my entire process from taking the written to starting the academy in less than 3 months. Worst case is you make the next one...
                        Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                        --Winston Churchill--

                        "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

                        Comment


                        • From what my BI was saying, it sounded like they were worried about not having enough people make it into the class. If they had more people getting through, they would have more classes.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SoCalSheriff View Post
                            Only one way to find out. I completed my entire process from taking the written to starting the academy in less than 3 months. Worst case is you make the next one...
                            Is this how fast Riverside processes their applicants? Or did you know someone within the department already?
                            Last edited by sgonzo; 10-16-2012, 07:21 AM.
                            Pickle Suit

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by electrician View Post
                              Will they still be filling this class for the next several months, or is it already full? I take my PAt this Wednesday and I was wondering if I still have time to make class 190...
                              From reading on here they will continue to fill the class until about a month or so out.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by sgonzo View Post
                                Is this how fast Riverside processes their applicants? Or did you know someone within the department already?
                                I turned in my background packet August 23, had my interview Sept 24, poly on the 25th, and if it wasn't for me being out of state I'd be done with psych as of yesterday. Medical follows the psych as long as you pass and then you're done. As of tomorrow will be 2 months since my PAT. It really depends on your background.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7985 users online. 455 members and 7530 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X