300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wschesnutt View Post
    You had to buy your gear? Are you sponsored? What stuff did you order? What did they say about a pistol?
    I'm sponsored....but regardless we are still responsible for buying $600 bucks worth of academy materials such as text books and gear. We were given a set of uniforms, belt, flashlight holder and hand cuff holder. I bought an extra uniform just to be on the safe side and also a pair of extra pt shirts. The pistol comes later in the academy...currently we have to wait for our orientation where they will give us more info...ill keep u guys posted...in the mean time run and study!

Comment

What did they say about a pistol?
      MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS:

Manufacturers: Beretta, Glock, Heckler & Koch, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson,
      Springfield and Walther.
      Finish: Factory Blue/Black, Stainless Steel, Tan or Olive Drab green matte
      finish
      Action: Double Action / Single Action (DA/SA) - can be fired from the cocked or hammer down position
      Double Action Only (DAO) - can only be fired from the hammer down position
      Trigger Pull: 3 or more pounds in SA
      Grips: Metal, synthetic black, tan or Olive Drab green or natural wood
      finish
      Sights: Factory or approved night sights are authorized

Caliber/ Barrel/ Magazine Capacity
      9mm Min 3.4” / max 5.5” 7 rounds or more
      .40 S&W Min 3.4” / max 5.5” 7 rounds or more
      .45 ACP Min 3.4” / max 5.5” 7 rounds or more
      Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
      --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalSheriff View Post
        MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS:

Manufacturers: Beretta, Glock, Heckler & Koch, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson,
        Springfield and Walther.
        Finish: Factory Blue/Black, Stainless Steel, Tan or Olive Drab green matte
        finish
        Action: Double Action / Single Action (DA/SA) - can be fired from the cocked or hammer down position
        Double Action Only (DAO) - can only be fired from the hammer down position
        Trigger Pull: 3 or more pounds in SA
        Grips: Metal, synthetic black, tan or Olive Drab green or natural wood
        finish
        Sights: Factory or approved night sights are authorized

Caliber/ Barrel/ Magazine Capacity
        9mm Min 3.4” / max 5.5” 7 rounds or more
        .40 S&W Min 3.4” / max 5.5” 7 rounds or more
        .45 ACP Min 3.4” / max 5.5” 7 rounds or more
        Thanks for the info. I noticed you have factory blue/black under the finish. Is all black acceptable like this one?

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g23gen4

Comment

• Thanks for the great info bboynowee and SoCalSheriff!

Everyone got their referral letters in the mail yesterday!

Comment

Thanks for the info. I noticed you have factory blue/black under the finish. Is all black acceptable like this one?

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g23gen4
            Yes. It means factory blue OR black.
            Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
            --Winston Churchill--

Comment

• Just out of curiosity are any of you going out for CD or all of you in it for DST?

Comment

Yes. It means factory blue OR black.
                Again thanks for all the info. I really appreciate it. Have you heard anything about the new pistols without an actual hammer? For example the new Gen 4 Glocks have a striker but not a hammer. From how I've seen it they are like shooting SA all the time. Trigger pull is about 5.5lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by LT Morone View Post
                  Just out of curiosity are any of you going out for CD or all of you in it for DST?
                  I'm DST only. I didn't select both on the application.

Comment

• Also DST only.

Comment

• Does anyone have their PAT this coming Wed the 17th at 7am? I'll be there...

Comment

• Good luck to you on the PAT.

Comment

Again thanks for all the info. I really appreciate it. Have you heard anything about the new pistols without an actual hammer? For example the new Gen 4 Glocks have a striker but not a hammer. From how I've seen it they are like shooting SA all the time. Trigger pull is about 5.5lbs.
                          A striker fired pistol (Glock, Smith M&P's and Springfield Xd's) are all considered Double action only (DAO) and as such are approved for duty use as long as the other requirements are met
                          --Winston Churchill--

Comment

A striker fired pistol (Glock, Smith M&P's and Springfield Xd's) are all considered Double action only (DAO) and as such are approved for duty use as long as the other requirements are met
                            Awesome. Thanks again.

Comment

• Just got an update from my BI yesterday. It looks like the next class after October may not be until March. Not enough people getting through. Hopefully it will change.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrJeff View Post
                                Just got an update from my BI yesterday. It looks like the next class after October may not be until March. Not enough people getting through. Hopefully it will change.
                                I really hope that isn't true. I'm ready to get this thing started.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8762 users online. 459 members and 8303 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X