Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riverside County Hiring DST's

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by LT Morone View Post
    My psych is Oct. 31, I took my polygraph Oct. 3, two days later got a call for my psych date. Signed my conditional offer Oct. 5, and my references just received their letters 2 days ago. I am very surprised how fast they are moving.
    I got the call today for psych on Oct 24th. I'll sign the conditional offer that day also. Hopefully I move as fast as you are in the process.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bboynowee View Post
      Well I'm here....is anyone here ? @ the Ben Clark training center...
      What all did they give you and what do you have to purchase?

      Comment


      • Hello All,

        I take my written tomorrow. What's the average time line from written to academy? I'm currently waiting on my BI call for LASD, and I've been in the process since May...

        Thanks in advance!

        E

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Wschesnutt View Post
          What all did they give you and what do you have to purchase?
          Well they have everything prepared for you when you buy your academy gear...basically they had a gear bag stuffed with all the materials and a portion of your academy gear...the rest of the stuff u need to pick up at galls...I spent a little over 600 bucks that day...all I'm waiting for is my uniforms and the 1 day of the academy :-)

          Comment


          • My process is about to start. Im picking my written test date! Good luck to everyone else.
            Ears open, Mouth shut.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by electrician View Post
              Hello All,

              I take my written tomorrow. What's the average time line from written to academy? I'm currently waiting on my BI call for LASD, and I've been in the process since May...

              Thanks in advance!

              E
              I took the written test in June. Turned in my background packet in late June. Met with my background investigator on August 1st. Received the official offer in late September.


              bboynowee: Have you already bought new running shoes? And recommendations on good running shoes for the academy?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by charade000 View Post
                I took the written test in June. Turned in my background packet in late June. Met with my background investigator on August 1st. Received the official offer in late September.


                bboynowee: Have you already bought new running shoes? And recommendations on good running shoes for the academy?
                Wow! That's great news. Congratulations!!

                I past my written today and I'm scheduled for my PAT on the 17th. Any advise?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bboynowee View Post
                  Well they have everything prepared for you when you buy your academy gear...basically they had a gear bag stuffed with all the materials and a portion of your academy gear...the rest of the stuff u need to pick up at galls...I spent a little over 600 bucks that day...all I'm waiting for is my uniforms and the 1 day of the academy :-)
                  You had to buy your gear? Are you sponsored? What stuff did you order? What did they say about a pistol?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by electrician View Post
                    Wow! That's great news. Congratulations!!

                    I past my written today and I'm scheduled for my PAT on the 17th. Any advise?
                    Practice your running, push-ups and sit-ups for the PAT. Throughout the whole process be honest in all your dealings. You will hear the honesty part a lot from everyone. Lie and they find out you'll be disqualified. Good luck to you.

                    Comment


                    • Though not bboy, we will be in the same academy.

                      They cover the uniform and housing. The uniform they give you includes 2 green BDU pants, 2 shirts, belt, sam browne belt, hand cuff case, and some other basic gear for the sam browne belt. The housing includes the dorms at no charge.

                      We are responsible for everything else including but not limited to - textbooks, class room supplies, PT gear (running shorts, shoes, shirts, socks, white crew neck shirts, etc), a gun, flashlight, and extra uniforms.

                      A tiny investment compared to the returns you'll be seeing in the long run. (considering it is paid and you do not have to pay for rent)

                      Originally posted by electrician View Post
                      Wow! That's great news. Congratulations!!

                      I past my written today and I'm scheduled for my PAT on the 17th. Any advise?
                      Thanks dude, good luck in your process.
                      Last edited by charade000; 10-10-2012, 09:24 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by charade000 View Post
                        Though not bboy, we will be in the same academy.

                        They cover the uniform and housing. The uniform they give you includes 2 green BDU pants, 2 shirts, belt, sam browne belt, hand cuff case, and some other basic gear for the sam browne belt. The housing includes the dorms at no charge.

                        We are responsible for everything else including but not limited to - textbooks, class room supplies, PT gear (running shorts, shoes, shirts, socks, white crew neck shirts, etc), a gun, flashlight, and extra uniforms.

                        A tiny investment compared to the returns you'll be seeing in the long run. (considering it is paid and you do not have to pay for rent)



                        Thanks dude, good luck in your process.
                        Oh ok. I don't mind paying for the stuff at all. What guidance did they give on the pistol if any? Thanks for the info and if you have the time keep us updated how things are going during the academy. I should be in the winter class, January hopefully. Good luck.

                        Comment


                        • So we can be expecting to be out about $600 to get started? That's fine, just want to know up front so I know what to save for that and for a firearm. Thanks for the info on that, very helpful to know.

                          Did medical today. Took a long time but wasn't too bad. I had an early appointment so I think that helped speed things up. Pretty basic, all the normal physical stuff. Normally I have to pay good money to get poked and prodded that much by a doctor. Also know that after meeting with the doctor you have to drive about 25 minutes to Riverside to have a chest x-ray done offsite.

                          As for eyes, mine are bad and did give me a bit of trouble. I had to take about 5 different color blind tests and couldn't pass the vision test with my current contact prescription. Since my prescription was out of date they had me go to my eye doctor to get a new prescription and a letter saying I was corrected to 20/20. They didn't mind that the eyes were bad, just wanted to make sure on duty I'll be seeing 20/20 with soft contacts.

                          The people there seem to want you to be able to pass, and are friendly and helpful. At the same time, they want to make sure you're fit for duty, for your safety and the safety of others.

                          Have to go back Friday for a few minutes for a follow up to the TB testing (takes a few days to see if it reacts) and drop off the eye doctor papers.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MrJeff View Post
                            So we can be expecting to be out about $600 to get started? That's fine, just want to know up front so I know what to save for that and for a firearm. Thanks for the info on that, very helpful to know.

                            Did medical today. Took a long time but wasn't too bad. I had an early appointment so I think that helped speed things up. Pretty basic, all the normal physical stuff. Normally I have to pay good money to get poked and prodded that much by a doctor. Also know that after meeting with the doctor you have to drive about 25 minutes to Riverside to have a chest x-ray done offsite.

                            As for eyes, mine are bad and did give me a bit of trouble. I had to take about 5 different color blind tests and couldn't pass the vision test with my current contact prescription. Since my prescription was out of date they had me go to my eye doctor to get a new prescription and a letter saying I was corrected to 20/20. They didn't mind that the eyes were bad, just wanted to make sure on duty I'll be seeing 20/20 with soft contacts.

                            The people there seem to want you to be able to pass, and are friendly and helpful. At the same time, they want to make sure you're fit for duty, for your safety and the safety of others.

                            Have to go back Friday for a few minutes for a follow up to the TB testing (takes a few days to see if it reacts) and drop off the eye doctor papers.
                            Thanks for the info on that. I'm hoping ill have medical done by nov 1.

                            Comment


                            • I take my written this sat! I'm currently waiting for an academy date for LASD but always have to have something else just in case!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by charade000 View Post
                                I took the written test in June. Turned in my background packet in late June. Met with my background investigator on August 1st. Received the official offer in late September.


                                bboynowee: Have you already bought new running shoes? And recommendations on good running shoes for the academy?
                                Yea I bought some Nike running shoes...I hope they do the job lol

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12191 users online. 455 members and 11736 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X