Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I'm here....is anyone here ? @ the Ben Clark training center...

Comment

• Do any of you guys know how the housing situation works? I'm hearing that if you live outside of a 35 mile radius, the housing is free. But I spoke to personnel this morning and she told me that there is no charge but didn't mention anything about distance. Just wanted to confirm with anyone that might know. I have to get my photo taken tomorrow morning so I'll ask then as well.

Comment

• That distance sounds about right. When I went through, most of us had our own rooms and it was free. The dorms will allow you to save commute time and the ability to form study groups. The instructors never inspected our rooms but they threatened to. The chow hall was free as well. I don't know if that all has changed though. It's a slamming deal for a single recruit.
        The Thousandth Man

Comment

• Yup, I talked to Personnel and anyone attending the 189th POST basic academy gets to stay in the dorms no charge. The 35 mile rule only applies to Correctional

Comment

• Hey fellas, any insight will surely help me out; I just got the call I passed the polygraph, can you shed some light on what is in store for the psychological?

Comment

• Congrats on getting past poly LT Morone. I Did Psych today. Wasn't too bad, though I don't know what the official results are. The interesting thing is it's a lot more objective than I thought it would be. It's not like you're sitting for hours talking about ink blots. It's mainly answering questions on the computer. Not really much to do to prep, just (as always) be honest in your answers. There is also some vocab, math, etc, so don't be surprised.

Almost there!

Comment

• Originally posted by charade000 View Post
                Yup, I talked to Personnel and anyone attending the 189th POST basic academy gets to stay in the dorms no charge. The 35 mile rule only applies to Correctional
                Sounds right, back in 2008 35 miles applied to all. And we had to bunk up with another person. Thats when DST classes had 100+ trainees and CDs were packing about 50+. Those days are long gone your lucky if you can get 50 in a DST class now a days. Yes and its all free no charge, we had our dorms inspected once and we got chewed for not having locks on our wall lockers/closets (so you might wanna bring a lock just in case). Chow hall was free then, now it is shut down for RSO only CAL Fire uses it. Oh yeah remember no alcohol, period! (if you wanna keep your job.as dumb as it sounds, people did it!) and no visitors past 8 or 9 can't remember.

Comment

• Are they still hiring? I'm not sure if I should apply or not.
                  Pickle Suit

Comment

• Just checked today. They are still hiring.

edit: Well I look to see if I could schedule an on site testing but there are no dates available. Now I remember seeing the same thing when I applied 3 months ago.
                    Last edited by dan_henderson; 10-07-2012, 02:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LT Morone View Post
                      Hey fellas, any insight will surely help me out; I just got the call I passed the polygraph, can you shed some light on what is in store for the psychological?
                      Congrats on getting the call! I'm waiting on the call to go to psyche also. Hope it comes soon. When did you do your poly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wschesnutt View Post
                        Congrats on getting the call! I'm waiting on the call to go to psyche also. Hope it comes soon. When did you do your poly?
                        My psych is Oct. 31, I took my polygraph Oct. 3, two days later got a call for my psych date. Signed my conditional offer Oct. 5, and my references just received their letters 2 days ago. I am very surprised how fast they are moving.

Comment

• Yes, they seem to be moving very fast right now. I did psych last week and now have medical tomorrow. Anyone know what to expect?

As far as I know, none of my references have gotten letters yet.

Fast is good, but it's not too critical right now I suppose, seeing as it's still a long time till the next class. Would be nice to get it all done and over though!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrJeff View Post
                            Yes, they seem to be moving very fast right now. I did psych last week and now have medical tomorrow. Anyone know what to expect?

As far as I know, none of my references have gotten letters yet.

Fast is good, but it's not too critical right now I suppose, seeing as it's still a long time till the next class. Would be nice to get it all done and over though!
                            Any advice for the psych?

also, to anyone who could answer this, if you have perfect vision with contacts, & glasses but terrible without them, would this effect you harshly?

Comment

• Not much to do to prepare for psych. There is some math and vocab and such, but mainly it's a few hours of taking tests on the computer. It seemed basically like a longer version of the first written personality test. During the interview, it's not like ink blot tests or just chatting. There are set questions, and you just answer honestly. The key here is the same as anything else, answer honest. They know if you're just trying to answer the way they want. I wouldn't sweat it, you are who you are and if they didn't like you, you wouldn't be so far in already.

I have medical tomorrow and I am wondering the same about the contacts. My vision is horrible without them, but perfect with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrJeff View Post
                                Not much to do to prepare for psych. There is some math and vocab and such, but mainly it's a few hours of taking tests on the computer. It seemed basically like a longer version of the first written personality test. During the interview, it's not like ink blot tests or just chatting. There are set questions, and you just answer honestly. The key here is the same as anything else, answer honest. They know if you're just trying to answer the way they want. I wouldn't sweat it, you are who you are and if they didn't like you, you wouldn't be so far in already.

I have medical tomorrow and I am wondering the same about the contacts. My vision is horrible without them, but perfect with them.

Wow, glad were in the same boat bro. Let me us all know what they say about the vision.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7726 users online. 401 members and 7325 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X