Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officially hired! Just received the call! It was a lady from human resources I guess....and after my BI congratulated me....wow still hasn't sunk in my brain....I'm really excited. Just a side note ....everyone that's currently in the process be patient....like they say "no news is good news" also keep your cardiovascular and study study and study some more...good luck everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shades View Post
      That's great congratulations. Hopefully you make it to the Oct. Academy. I doubt i will be in the Oct. Academy if i'm hired. Ill find out what to expect in the coming months next week at my second interview.
      You got this shades...I'm sure you'll do fine...your almost there!

Comment

• Just got the call, officially a Deputy Sheriff Trainee with class 189.

Comment

• I received a phone call just now and I will be in class 189!
          The ultimate is not to win, but to reach within the depths of your capabilities and to compete against yourself.

Comment

• That's 3 of us!

Comment

• How many people were at that final PAT?
              The ultimate is not to win, but to reach within the depths of your capabilities and to compete against yourself.

Comment

• Hey everyone, just read a few of you are in the upcoming RSO October academy- congrats! I am just starting the process. Just read pages of advice and questions, thanks for all the info!

Comment

• Originally posted by thatarmyguy85 View Post
                  How many people were at that final PAT?
                  Like 20 something...

Comment

• Awesome to everyone who got the call, congrats!

bboynowee, you mentioned study study study, any suggestions for good study material before heading to academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by bboynowee View Post
                      You got this shades...I'm sure you'll do fine...your almost there!
                      Thanks man. Chances are if I'm hired i might be in the 189th class as well. I cant really confirm that until my meeting with my BI on Tuesday of next week. If i don't make it to the 189th class, i wish you all the best of luck in training. Congrats again!

Comment

• Study penal codes, vehicle codes, code of ethics , 10 and 11 codes :-)

Comment

• Just took my polygraph today Seemed like it went well. So now the waiting game.

Comment

• Quick question. What exactly does a sponsored recruit pay compared to a self sponsored recruit? Does it mean:
                            A: A sponsored academy trainee has already been hired by a policing agency that is sponsoring (paying for) the trainees’ training experience. A self-sponsored trainee is attending the academy as a regular student who pays for his or her own police training experience.

Other differences include:

Sponsored trainees receive pay and benefits during their academy training
                            Sponsored trainees have workman’s compensation protection during their academy training because they are employees of a policing agency
                            Sponsored trainees have already passed a personal history background process because it is required before they are employed as a police employee
                            Sponsored trainees already have a law enforcement job once the academy training is completed

A: Tuition, fees, uniforms and equipment including:

Fees for prerequisite college courses
                            College tuition and health fees
                            DOJ (Department of Justice) Livescan fingerprint screening fee
                            Physical examination (screening by trainee’s doctor)
                            Weapon (a limited number of college owned, loaner weapons are available to students during training)
                            Uniforms, shoes, leather gear
                            Other supplies
                            Physical training gear
                            Driver’s Training
                            Training Ammunition
                            The employing police agencies pay these costs for sponsored trainees? Self-sponsored, college trainees are responsible for paying these expenses on their own? Or do Sponsored pay for said materials?

I've been trying to plan my finances accordingly in case i need to pay things up front if i am in fact hired. I'm a little confused as to how this works. Can anyone shine some light on this dilemma lol.
                            Last edited by Shades; 09-28-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• If you are hired and sponsored by an agency, that agency pays you while you attend the academy. Additionally, they pay all the expenses associated with that academy (usually).

Self-sponsored recruits are not hired by an agency and thus receive no pay. Furthermore, they pay for everything themselves, including tuition, books, ammunition, EVOC fees, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by rolncode2892 View Post
                                If you are hired and sponsored by an agency, that agency pays you while you attend the academy. Additionally, they pay all the expenses associated with that academy (usually).

Self-sponsored recruits are not hired by an agency and thus receive no pay. Furthermore, they pay for everything themselves, including tuition, books, ammunition, EVOC fees, etc. etc. etc.
                                Awesome thank you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9695 users online. 459 members and 9236 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X