300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best of luck to you too bboynowee!
    The ultimate is not to win, but to reach within the depths of your capabilities and to compete against yourself.

Comment

• second PAT??? whats this consist of? Also, I know honesty is a big part but Im asking more specifically, What does the background interview consist of?

Comment

• My friend and I who is also going into the academy will be at the Sept 20th PAT as well. I've been running daily now 3 miles at least at an 8 mile pace. My goal for the Sept 20th PAT is to do the 1.5 mile in the 10 minute range.

LT Morone: Consists of an up to 4 hour interview with your background investigator. He/She will go over the entire packet with you and go over every single answer and ask additional questions on answers she wants an explanation on. And the second PAT are for applicants who are being scheduled for the October academy. It is to to see whether you improved your fitness, stayed the same, or got worse. They want to know you're going to the academy in shape.
        Last edited by charade000; 09-06-2012, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• I got the call from my BI today. Interview and polygraph on 24th.

Timeline:
          Written - June 21
          PAT - August 15
          BG Package - August 23

Congrats to all those getting calls. Anyone else from August 15 PAT got the call?

Comment

• My written was August 2, but my PAT was on the 15. The only call I received was the call that told me who my background investigator is. However, I am still patiently waiting

Comment

• Lt Morone, What day did you turn in your BG Package?

Comment

• I'll be one of the candidates at the Sept 20th Second PAT. I'm curious to know how far in advance do they let you know if they are going to hire you before the Academy starts?
                The ultimate is not to win, but to reach within the depths of your capabilities and to compete against yourself.

Comment

• I'm also curious about that...should be quick...also, do we ever meet with the sheriff?

Comment

Originally posted by Wschesnutt View Post
                    Lt Morone, What day did you turn in your BG Package?
                    I turned it in the 23 of August; yesterday, I received a call that my interview is the 20 of September.

Comment

• Originally posted by LT Morone View Post
                      I turned it in the 23 of August; yesterday, I received a call that my interview is the 20 of September.
                      ok thats good news. good luck.

Comment

• Passed Poly, on the the next round now!

In the pension reform thread they were talking about how some agencies are moving the hire date from January to December to get people on the old contract rather than the new one. Anyone heard anything like that from Riverside? Anyone going to October academy, have you been officially hired yet or is it not until you start?

Comment

• Looks like they are still pretty aggressively pursuing applicants. I was at the Indy Car race at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana and they had recruiting there. I've seen CHP there before, but never Riverside. (they also had San Diego PD there).
                          Originally Posted by Law100
                          Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• Originally posted by MrJeff View Post
                            Passed Poly, on the the next round now!

In the pension reform thread they were talking about how some agencies are moving the hire date from January to December to get people on the old contract rather than the new one. Anyone heard anything like that from Riverside? Anyone going to October academy, have you been officially hired yet or is it not until you start?
                            Good news. How was the Poly? How long did it take?

Comment

• Poly wasn't too bad. It was actually a bit simpler than I thought it would be. I was nervous, but they expected that. They seem to know how to tell the difference between someone who's just nervous and someone who's trying to lie. I was probably there for about 2.5-3 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrJeff View Post
                                Poly wasn't too bad. It was actually a bit simpler than I thought it would be. I was nervous, but they expected that. They seem to know how to tell the difference between someone who's just nervous and someone who's trying to lie. I was probably there for about 2.5-3 hours.
                                Ok thanks for the info. I'm hoping mine will be done on the 24th.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9954 users online. 388 members and 9566 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X