Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats bboynowee! I'm really hoping I can join you at the Oct academy, but might be to soon to get in. Have my Background interview this week. How quickly did things move for you after the first meeting?

Curious, did you get a list of things you will be required to buy or get before the academy?

Comment

• MrJeff...the process was a little over 5 months....and no...I haven't received a list yet..my BI will call me with the info...but your process should go quick...hope to see u on the field ...and good luck!

Comment

• So is anyone attending the Oct academy!?

Comment

• I just have one more medical test to clear up but I am being scheduled for an October academy.

For anyone that is curious, here is my timeline:

Initial Background Interview: August 3rd
          Polygraph: August 17th
          Medical: August 27th
          Psych: August 29th
          Home Visit: August 31st

Comment

• The process seems very quick. Is riverside really hurting for DST's or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by charade000 View Post
              I just have one more medical test to clear up but I am being scheduled for an October academy.

For anyone that is curious, here is my timeline:

Initial Background Interview: August 3rd
              Polygraph: August 17th
              Medical: August 27th
              Psych: August 29th
              Home Visit: August 31st
              Hello friend, I too am currently in the process with Riverside Sheriff and had a couple of questions for you, seeing that you are done with the process. First, what was the background interview like? Any details will certainly help. Also, what exactly did the polygraph entail; more specifically, what were the questions and how was it set up? And my last question is what was the home visit like. Whenever you can respond is certainly fine, I turned in my background packet and got a call a week later telling me I was assigned to Detective Grey. Thank you friend, and best of luck to you with all your endeavors in law enforcement and life.

Comment

• I just had my home visit this morning. I hope I get hired and make it into the October Academy.
                The ultimate is not to win, but to reach within the depths of your capabilities and to compete against yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatarmyguy85 View Post
                  I just had my home visit this morning. I hope I get hired and make it into the October Academy.
                  How was your home visit? Any tips?

Comment

• My investigator along with another investigator stopped by my apartment and looked around. They talked to my apartment manager and my neighbors.
                    The ultimate is not to win, but to reach within the depths of your capabilities and to compete against yourself.

Comment

• Got a pass on the background interview! On to Poly next week. Was told October academy is extremely unlikely at this point, so figuring on the January one.

As far as tips, it's like everyone keeps saying. Be honest be honest be honest. There were a few minor things I forgot and I was given the chance to disclose those, as he expected me to have remembered things that I hadn't before. Be honest about any and every thing, big or little.

Timeline so far:
                      Written: Early July
                      PAT: July 18
                      BG Packet in: July 19
                      BG Interview: September 5th
                      Poly: September 15th

Comment

• Is anyone doing the phisical assessment before the academy on Sept 20th?

Comment

• My investigator called me after my home visit and scheduled me for the second PAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatarmyguy85 View Post
                            My investigator called me after my home visit and scheduled me for the second PAT.
                            When is your second pat?

Comment

• Sept 20th.

Comment

• See you Sept 20 at 9am! Also best of luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11370 users online. 460 members and 10910 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X