300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thatarmyguy85 View Post
    I signed up for both but I'm 27 and I know I don't want to work in the jails forever. However, I know everyone starts out in the jails and I think it will be an excellent learning experience where I will gain many skills. I'm really just hoping to get this job and start a new career.
    5 years is not forever...ha ha and to find out patrol is not what people make it seem. Just keep an open mind bro dont make comments about not wanting to go into the jails.

Comment

• You're right and I'm wrong, I know nothing about the LE field. I did not mean to offend you, any LEO, or anyone else for that matter. I have taken the steps to correct my post. Once again I apologize.
      Last edited by thatarmyguy85; 07-21-2012, 06:37 PM.
      The ultimate is not to win, but to reach within the depths of your capabilities and to compete against yourself.

Comment

• Army Guy,

No big deal, best of luck bro!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bully View Post
          Respect was earned. Now we have kids in the academy that can't handle stress, so the tact staff can't yell at them anymore. They put in for overtime if their academy class runs a little over. Then the FTO can't properly train them because they can't over work the kid. This sense of entitlement has ruined this job. People don't want to be cops for the right reasons anymore. Now they become cops so they can look cool and have a secure job with decent pay and benefits.
          I hope that if I have the PRIVLAGE of going to academy that the experience is not shorted because of this entiled attitude. I'm 29, and see it so badly among my generation, and even more so in younger generations. I hope we don't have to train to accomidate the weakest link, and trainers hands are not tied, that is harmful to everyone being trained, the for the citizens we will one day serve. I hope to get pushed to my limit so that I can increase my limit, and so that I know I can trust the people beside me. In most schools today you can't discipline in any form whatsoever, so for many getting yelled at may be a first, or being told they need to be better is a whole new concept in the world of "everybody who participates wins!"

As far as reasons to join, I think getting a secure job with decent pay and benifits to support you family is actually a noble thing, but it can't be the only reason. Any job I do, as a husband and father, I have a responsibility to take care of my family. There are however, many other jobs that can do that. For me, that is one reason, but others include what I though were normal reasons for wanting to job, such as being able to have a job where you can make your community better, help stop bad guys, protect the innocent, and be proud of the work you do.

To me, LEO's were always people you looked up to and respected. I was amazed when one of my friends told me one of the biggest problems he had with the job was the attitude and discomfort people treated him with in his off duty life when they found out he was a Sheriff Deputy. Anyone else experience this? Seems to be a loss of respect for people in the community, and even by those applying the job.

Enough ranting for me! Did PAT on the 18th, got my BG packet in on the 19th and just waiting for a call, hopefully in the next two weeks!

Comment

• I received the verbal today that I passed the psych exam.
            The ultimate is not to win, but to reach within the depths of your capabilities and to compete against yourself.

Comment

• Congratulations brother! So do know if they're going to make you a CD or DST?

Comment

• No word yet. The only time my Investigator and I discussed it was during the initial interview when she asked me if I still wanted to apply to both. I think all I have left is the BG Investigation and hopefully the final job offer. I'll be curious to see which position they offer should they choose to hire me.
                Last edited by thatarmyguy85; 07-24-2012, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys, I have my background interview next Friday. I am currently a Police Cadet and just graduated college. I am really hoping that I can go through the process with Riverside. Does anyone have any tips for the background interview or is it common sense and be honest and answer the questions?

Comment

• Originally posted by charade000 View Post
                    Hey guys, I have my background interview next Friday. I am currently a Police Cadet and just graduated college. I am really hoping that I can go through the process with Riverside. Does anyone have any tips for the background interview or is it common sense and be honest and answer the questions?
                    Congratulations! Just be honest and you'll probably be fine. When did you turn in your background packet?

Comment

• I turned in my packet on June 27 th and got the call from my investigator 2 weeks ago.

I am in the background for orange county sheriffs, just got my background packet for orange pd, starting background for San Jose, eligibility list for San Francisco, and have to schedule my background orientation with San Diego sheriffs.

But from the officers at my department, I heard the best things about riverside so they are my number one...and since I live right next door in corona it would be pretty awesome

Comment

• I received a call last week from my Investigator to schedule my home visit.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatarmyguy85 View Post
                          I received a call last week from my Investigator to schedule my home visit.
                          I missed "the call" last week, because I was on my Way to work riding my motorcycle when they called. I tried calling back, but they couldn't lead me to the person that called, because I didn't have a name. They didn't leave a voicemail, so I'm just anxiously waiting for that call, again.

Comment

• You mean the call to hire you?

Comment

• I also got a call from my BI ...I passed my psych...all I need Is to schedule my home visit...

Comment

• Got my BI tomorrow. Pretty nervous.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7783 users online. 369 members and 7414 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X