Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riverside County Hiring DST's

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • One of the Lieutenants said that the next academy is going to be in October, and the one after that in January.

    Comment


    • Yea I think she said late October. I can't belies how many people were there. I'm glad I got there early; the last group was just starting push ups when I finished my run.

      Comment


      • Getting there early was the way to go for sure, others were waiting for hours!

        I also heard 550 people there, as well as an October and January class. She mentioned they are looking to hire 250 for Deputy Sheriff. I had previously heard 200 for Deputy Sheriff and 250 for Corrections. Regardless, they need a lot.

        Got the BG packet in today, hoping things will move forward soon! They seemed to think about 400 would make it to the BG process, that's a lot of packets to go through!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by FortLoddy View Post
          Do any of the stations offer patrol Dep's take home cars???
          No patrol guys don't get take home cars. The only time a detective gets a take home ride is the night that he's out on call. Motors and K9 are the only marked take home rides. Does it matter? You're not even working here and you already want a take home car? **** the dept doesn't even issue guns, why would thwy issue a car?
          God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bully View Post
            Does it matter? You're not even working here and you already want a take home car? **** the dept doesn't even issue guns, why would thwy issue a car?
            Calm down pal. I'm not interested in working there; I was just inquiring.

            Comment


            • I'm calm. I (just like every other veteran street cop) am tired of new kids getting hired and wanting to dictate their terms of employment. When the vast majority of guys came on years ago, it was well known that your FTO held your career in his hands. You kept your mouth shut and learned how to do your job. You didn't demand anything from the dept until you showed that you deserved it. Respect was earned. Now we have kids in the academy that can't handle stress, so the tact staff can't yell at them anymore. They put in for overtime if their academy class runs a little over. Then the FTO can't properly train them because they can't over work the kid. This sense of entitlement has ruined this job. People don't want to be cops for the right reasons anymore. Now they become cops so they can look cool and have a secure job with decent pay and benefits.
              God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

              Comment


              • Bully - What you describe is something that is happening everywhere and in almost all fields of employment. I'm 34 and right on the cusp of that attitude shift. I've worked in "corporate America" for the last 12 years and I've seen it firsthand. It's the new generation of workers, and many corporations are trying to change their ways to accommodate them. I doubt that will work well at all in LE, but I'm just an outsider at this point.

                Anyway, on to my experience in the Riverside County DST hiring... I did the written in late April, the PAT June 13, turned in my packet on June 28th. I received the call from my background investigator on July 11th then did my interview on the 16th. Now I have my polygraph scheduled for July 25th.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by flamflim View Post
                  Bully - What you describe is something that is happening everywhere and in almost all fields of employment. I'm 34 and right on the cusp of that attitude shift. I've worked in "corporate America" for the last 12 years and I've seen it firsthand. It's the new generation of workers, and many corporations are trying to change their ways to accommodate them. I doubt that will work well at all in LE, but I'm just an outsider at this point.

                  Anyway, on to my experience in the Riverside County DST hiring... I did the written in late April, the PAT June 13, turned in my packet on June 28th. I received the call from my background investigator on July 11th then did my interview on the 16th. Now I have my polygraph scheduled for July 25th.
                  How was the interview?

                  Comment


                  • Goat - Aside from the annoyances with my just finally getting over a week-long bout with the flu the interview went rather well I thought. We went over my packet and discussed some of my answers and that was that. It was just about 3 hours long but it flew by once the "cold sweats" from my flu settled down. Cripes that was horrible.

                    Comment


                    • Here's where I'm at in the process:

                      Written - 5/2
                      PAT - 5/16
                      Turned in BG packet - 6/6
                      Initial meet with Investigator - 6/21
                      Polygraph - 6/26
                      Fingerprints - 7/2
                      Medical Screening - 7/16
                      Psych written/oral - 7/17

                      Now I'm just waiting to find out if I passed the Psych.
                      The ultimate is not to win, but to reach within the depths of your capabilities and to compete against yourself.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by thatarmyguy85 View Post
                        Here's where I'm at in the process:

                        Written - 5/2
                        PAT - 5/16
                        Turned in BG packet - 6/6
                        Initial meet with Investigator - 6/21
                        Polygraph - 6/26
                        Fingerprints - 7/2
                        Medical Screening - 7/16
                        Psych written/oral - 7/17

                        Now I'm just waiting to find out if I passed the Psych.
                        Wow that's fast!! Are you going for CD or DST?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by flamflim View Post
                          Bully - What you describe is something that is happening everywhere and in almost all fields of employment. I'm 34 and right on the cusp of that attitude shift. I've worked in "corporate America" for the last 12 years and I've seen it firsthand. It's the new generation of workers, and many corporations are trying to change their ways to accommodate them. I doubt that will work well at all in LE, but I'm just an outsider at this point.

                          Anyway, on to my experience in the Riverside County DST hiring... I did the written in late April, the PAT June 13, turned in my packet on June 28th. I received the call from my background investigator on July 11th then did my interview on the 16th. Now I have my polygraph scheduled for July 25th.
                          flamflim- what position are you going out for?

                          Comment


                          • I signed up for both and will be happy wherever the Department places me should I get hired.
                            Last edited by thatarmyguy85; 07-21-2012, 06:00 PM.
                            The ultimate is not to win, but to reach within the depths of your capabilities and to compete against yourself.

                            Comment


                            • FutureLEO77 - DST. Not interested in going full Corrections.

                              Comment


                              • I'm actually surprised at how fast Riverside County sent me through the process. I thought it would take a lot longer!
                                Last edited by thatarmyguy85; 07-20-2012, 05:10 PM.
                                The ultimate is not to win, but to reach within the depths of your capabilities and to compete against yourself.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9470 users online. 450 members and 9020 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X