Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't worry about not hearing from a BG investigator yet. With the huge number of apps and only a handful of investigators, it takes time. One of the rules of thumb during backgrounds is "no news is good news". I know it can be frustrating waiting around, but you'll get a call.
    God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

• Do any of the stations offer patrol Dep's take home cars???

Comment

• [QUOTE=eligh15;3084723]@ CP3Raider, LEWANNABE, or anyone else in the process... did you only take original copies of documents when you meet with your background investigator, or did you take originals and copies?

Eligh- i had both, but he wanted to make his own copies.

Comment

• CP3Raider... how did your polygraph go? How long was the whole process?

Comment

• not too bad at all, be prepared to answer another mini PHF type of packet, and then to go over all the questions with your examiner before you start the test. I was out of there in less than two hours, was told i passed on the spot.

Comment

• Sweet...congrats on passing and thanks for the heads up!

Comment

• employment orientation next thursday! so if you have done BG, Poly, medical and psych. You can be one of the them....

Comment

• Originally posted by htcguy1 View Post
                  employment orientation next thursday! so if you have done BG, Poly, medical and psych. You can be one of the them....
                  Is this for DST or CD?

Comment

• They will probably do both, but CD's is what I am sure of. I know someone who got a conditinal offer pending psych test tues. and orientation thurs if all goes well.

Comment

• Passed written (on computer...) today, and will be there for PAT on the 18th!

Anyone know the style of pushup or situps we will be doing? Training is going well, so I don't think it will matter much, but would be nice to prepare properly, such as, are sit ups with hands crossed over chest and a partner, or hand behind head, etc? I know it doesn't matter to much, but I want to be as prepared as possible.

Also, they said today that it's judged competitively, does it give you any edge right now to score higher? From what I can tell, it seems if you make it through the whole process then you are pretty certain to be in because of the lack of qualified candidates.

Thanks

Comment

• you'll partner up with someone to hold their fist under your chest and count your pushups. Sit ups are hands cupping or grabbing your ears. Your tailbone will probably hurt. I forget what the cutoff time was for 1.5 mile, but they said they were looking for under 12 minutes.

Comment

• 1.5 mile cutoff is 14 minutes, but they want under 12...

Comment

• anyone from the PAT have any new info? how did the PAT go? was there any news from the staff there today?

Comment

• Originally posted by AngelsFan View Post
                              anyone from the PAT have any new info? how did the PAT go? was there any news from the staff there today?
                              There were 550 people there, but I am not sure how many were weeded out by the end. I personally witnessed approximately 15-20 people get sent home after failing the push-up test, sit-up test or the run. The deputies who were present didn't mention much about academy dates or anything, so I don't have much to add in that respect.
                              Last edited by Martial_Law; 07-19-2012, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Did anyone take the psych test this week? If so, have you found out if you passed?
                                The ultimate is not to win, but to reach within the depths of your capabilities and to compete against yourself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7093 users online. 227 members and 6866 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X