Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riverside County Hiring DST's

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AngelsFan View Post
    So RSO did away with the red asterisks on the calendar as the way to get a testing date?
    No, the calendar is for the written testing. You just have to keep checking until more red asterisks come up.

    The proctor said on my testing date that once they have 1 PAT a month, the one this month was June 13 (or something like that) and the next one was July 18th. You find out if you passed about a minute or two after you finish the test, once you pass they ask you if you want to do the next available PAT or the one that follows that (Be advised there is only one per month). The way they work, if you have a test date the day before the PAT and pass, you can take the PAT the next day if you want or wait until whenever the next one is the following month

    Comment


    • Originally posted by eligh15 View Post
      RSO did not say anything about the next academy. The proctor did say they will processing people quickly... 3 to 4 months from start to finish of the hiring process. I turned in my background packet today. Lets see if that 3 to 4 month statement is true! lol! Angelsfan... did you investigator mail out your questionaires or email them?
      not to burst anybodys bubble, the 3 to 4 months is WAY to fast....6 months to a year is more like it. Plus alot of agencies are being very picky as of late, so dont think that happens over night. Best of luck anyhow, FYI dont be surprised to be sent east of the county (Thermal Station, Palm Desert Station, Indio Jail, Blythe Jail or Court Services East)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by htcguy1 View Post
        not to burst anybodys bubble, the 3 to 4 months is WAY to fast....6 months to a year is more like it. Plus alot of agencies are being very picky as of late, so dont think that happens over night. Best of luck anyhow, FYI dont be surprised to be sent east of the county (Thermal Station, Palm Desert Station, Indio Jail, Blythe Jail or Court Services East)
        I'd love to be sent to Blythe

        Comment


        • Time Check

          Howdy all. Got a test date for July 5th. Looking forward to the process. Applied with LASD as well but they seem to be dragging. No letters or calls so probably seriously backlogged (Understatement?). Best of luck to all applying.

          By the by, just noticed time stamp for my post. I am PST but the stamp is 6+. Anyone know where the servers are?
          Last edited by Vinrod; 06-20-2012, 12:30 PM. Reason: Time check

          Comment


          • Seems like there want to put a good amount of bodies through. HTC obviously had more insider info than most if not all of us on this thread, but I wouldnt rule out the possibility of someone getting hired that quickly.

            Comment


            • Four months is very possible. I went through the process last year in four months before the hiring freeze.

              Comment


              • And no I don't have a perfect boy scout background.

                Comment


                • LEWANNABE...where are you at now with RSO? They didn't make you do the process all over again did they?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by LeBron View Post
                    No, the calendar is for the written testing. You just have to keep checking until more red asterisks come up.

                    The proctor said on my testing date that once they have 1 PAT a month, the one this month was June 13 (or something like that) and the next one was July 18th. You find out if you passed about a minute or two after you finish the test, once you pass they ask you if you want to do the next available PAT or the one that follows that (Be advised there is only one per month). The way they work, if you have a test date the day before the PAT and pass, you can take the PAT the next day if you want or wait until whenever the next one is the following month
                    Thanks for that info. Hopefully they will still have that date available.

                    Comment


                    • I just applied for the Corrections Deputy position.

                      Comment


                      • I'm schedule for the written on June 28. Looking forward to getting this process started!

                        Comment


                        • Future...how come you check both boxes for DST and CD. I've seen you on O.com for a while now fightin the fight like me lol. Don't get me wrong, you can absolutely make a career out of being a CD and can also be used as a stepping stone to become sworn, just thought I'd ask. Good luck to you man.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by AngelsFan View Post
                            Future...how come you check both boxes for DST and CD. I've seen you on O.com for a while now fightin the fight like me lol. Don't get me wrong, you can absolutely make a career out of being a CD and can also be used as a stepping stone to become sworn, just thought I'd ask. Good luck to you man.
                            Honestly I think I need more experience. I'm in the beginning process with a few PD's right now, but I feel like I may have a better shot getting hired as a Correctional Deputy first. I don't want to make a career out of being a CD, but I'm thinking if I was to get hired as a CD, I could do that for two or three years while I finish my degree. Then get back in the game with applying to PD's because I'll have more on my resume that makes me look better. Unless one of these PD's picks me up first. So we'll see.

                            What do you have left to do in RSO's process?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FutureLEO77 View Post
                              Honestly I think I need more experience. I'm in the beginning process with a few PD's right now, but I feel like I may have a better shot getting hired as a Correctional Deputy first. I don't want to make a career out of being a CD, but I'm thinking if I was to get hired as a CD, I could do that for two or three years while I finish my degree. Then get back in the game with applying to PD's because I'll have more on my resume that makes me look better. Unless one of these PD's picks me up first. So we'll see.

                              What do you have left to do in RSO's process?
                              That makes perfect sense dude. Finishing your degree while gaining LE experience/knowledge is a very smart thing to do. For RSO, a CD's probation period is 18 months. Once you pass your probationary period, you can get a CCW. Not only that, but when you apply for DST, you will be getting a promotion and start at a hire salary than the rest of the new hires. I think you have your head in the right spot man. Hopefully one of these PD's you've applied to will pick you up, if not your back-up plan is very strong. I've completed the entire process with RSO. I hopefully will be presented for hire in the near future here. Let me put it to you like this...out of the 7 or 8 people my BI is representing, 6 were CD's. That shows me that they like to hire from within. Good luck man, and keep me/us posted on your progress.

                              Comment


                              • Does RSO work their own DUIs, or is that something they turn over to CHP?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6308 users online. 329 members and 5979 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X